Each year, in Hollywood is published a "Black List" of scenarios. 2011 was no exception. More than 300 filmmakers have called dozens of the most interesting projects, which so far exist only on paper. Topping the list is a biographical drama about the mathematician Alan Turing, who wants to play Leonardo DiCaprio.
"Black List" is published each December in Hollywood since 2004. Vote for the scripts for the most part representatives of the studios, so that in the "black list" are scenarios in which the film company interested in, but can’t put into production.
In 2011, the list includes 73 positions. Among these projects are not only unknown, but the scripts, films which are already in production, but whose shooting this year has not begun.
We present here the top ten, of such scenarios:
1. "The Imitation Game", the author - Graham Moore. History of the English cryptographer Alan Turing, who managed to crack the German code "Enigma". Later suffered persecution because of his sexual orientation and suicide.
2. "When the Street Lights Go On", the authors - Chris Hutton and Eddie O'Keefe. The action develops in the early '80s. In the city are brutally murdered schoolgirl and teacher.
3. "Chewie" the authors - Evan Susser and Van Robisho. A satirical look at the creation of "Star Wars" through the eyes of Peter Mayhew who played Chewbacca.
4. "The Outsider", the author - Andrew Baldwin. Japan after World War II. Former U.S. military out of captivity, and becomes the head of the yakuza.
5. "Father Daughter Time: A Tale of Armed Robbery and Eskimo Kisses", the author - Matthew Aldrich. A man hiding from the three crimes, along with his accomplice, eleven-year-old daughter. The project has interested Matt Damon, and even considered him as his directorial debut.
6. "In the Event of a Moon Disaster", the author - Mike Jones. The history of the mission of the spacecraft "Apollo-11", exploring the alternative scenario for emergency landing astronauts on the moon.
7. "Maggie", the author - John Scott. In America is spreading a virus that turns people into zombies. Farmers family helps their eldest daughter to cope with the transformation of a walking dead woman, who hunger for human flesh.
8. "The Current War", the author - Michael Mitnick. In a scenario are real events. Confrontation of Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse in the fight for the use of AC and DC.
9. "The End", the author - Aron Eli Kolayti. An elderly London radio host, 16-year-old girl and her boyfriend from Michigan, as well as a family man from Shanghai, try to clean up their lives for 6 hours before the end of the world.
10. "Beyond the Pale", the author - Chad Fien. Teens suspected that the owner of the town undertaker warmed them, and decide to take revenge. In fact, the story takes far more sinister turn.
Apparently, the topic of zombies and vampires are not going to leave the screens. So, on the 14th place of the "Black List" is a script by Larry Brenner entitled "Bethlehem", where a group of people trying to survive in a zombie invasion and conclude an alliance with the vampires, giving themselves as a food for bloodsuckers in order to protect against undead.
Screenplay by Dave Cohen "Subject Zero" tells about a scientist who develops the potent drug, designed to revive his son, who died in a car accident. Unfortunately, the virus creates a loving father, generating zombies and spread with incredible speed.
Of course, in the list there are also romantic comedies, historical dramas, and even a story about how Walt Disney got the rights to the "Mary Poppins" (the script is called "Saving Mr. Banks").