Producer of the series "Dexter," Sarah Colleton answered questions to resource TVGuide about the seventh season of the show, which, as always, will be released in September.
- As the seventh season begins with that moment, which ended in the sixth, that the words full of curses, we should expect from Deb in the first scene?
"(Laughs) Yeah, it takes a lot of words, so we'll hear some classic insults by Deb. If throughout the series Dexter's main task was to find someone who really knows him - that is, be careful in their desires, because now Deb knows everything, and the rules have changed. "
- In the last season Dexter was searching faith. What will be the next story?
"The states and feelings, which he had never experienced, such as remorse, responsibility, shame and betrayal. In addition, there is another problem - when you revealed, you lose your freedom. As a general rule, it is fraught with great responsibility, so Dexter will survive emotions that he had never experienced, and that he was not allowed or he would not allow himself to experience. "
- All that Deb saw, this is how Dexter kills Travis on the table. And about the rest of it, she will also find in this season?
"Yes. In fact, the entire seventh season, we're going to have fun watching the changes in the relationship between Debra and Dexter, now that all the information revealed. At the end of last season, Debra went to church, because she realized that not only loves her brother, adopted by her parents, but because she fell in love with him. And what should she do now? Whether she will hand him to the police? Will she continue to love him? Dexter has always been elusive, and Debra felt that this is the reason, but now she knows that it is not - Dexter has guarded her such strange way."
"But she was headed for slaughter department, and the situation has an impact on her sense of duty and justice. This year will be particularly difficult for her in terms of finding a balance between her own experiences and responsibilities under the law. As for Dexter, his world is shaken to the same degree. He never had anything to do with three emotions: regret, guilt and a sense that brings Deb. In addition, he constantly fears that Deb might arrest him. "
- So, Deb found out everything about Dexter. How does it change her feelings to him?
"This issue must be investigated. Not know about something, and instantly changed. But that was opened, of course, affect her feelings, and all the vital foundations of Deb begin to move. We hope that this storyline will fascinate fans of the show, and with great interest will be watching a variety of ups and downs in the relations of the main characters. "
- Will we see the vulnerable side of Dexter nature in this season?
"Oh, yes. He, like Superman, from which tore his cloak. He is incredibly vulnerable, and this is an exciting spectacle for which you want to watch and over who want to think."
- Do you think there is some relief at the thought that if Dexter and let someone into his life, as he once did with Lumen (Julia Stiles), this one - Debra?
"Partly because the relationship with Lumen was a sort of expiation of his guilt to himself for the death of Rita (Julie Benz). But Deb has always been a mainstay in his life ever since Harry brought him into the family. I always come back to the thoughts first scenes in the pilot episode, when Dexter says: "And here is my foul-mouthed sister Deb, and if I could love someone, it would be Deb."
- Let's talk about Harry (James Rimar), who always helped Dexter and was his Privy Passenger. Now, when Debra knows everything, whether his advice to Dexter will differ from those he gave him before?
"For Harry it is a sheer frustration. Deb has always suffered because she was "Daddy's favorite number 2". Now she understands what's wrong. She knows all about Harry as Dexter coach, and it will be another shock for her. Again also in the pilot Harry says Dexter that people deserve to die, and in the fifth season, when Deb, fiercely hated Jordan Chase (Jonny Lee Miller), she says the following: "Maybe some people deserves to die." So, it will be a very difficult year in this regard. We really like to explore all of these things now, when everything was opened. "
- Since the show will be extended for another two seasons, it's definitely - the end?
"Definitely. We would like to finish this year, but the online community has convinced us to extend the fun for another 2 years. In a sense, our farewell to Dexter last two seasons. We have already discussed, and we know what all will end. Next year exactly will be the last for Dexter. Absolutely."
- Are you guys ready to say goodbye to Dexter?
"From the beginning, as soon as I started to develop the pilot episode, I knew that this story will consist of seven seasons. I do not mind if it is eight seasons, only a series does not become a boring, stuffy show. We are all involved in the project, we want to maintain a high level until the end. must be wise in time and be able to leave the scene before you will be asked about it. "
- Do you think Dexter should die at the end?
"(Laughs). I would not answer such a question."
- You know what would be the final scene?
"We do not know what it is, but we know where it will be what happens in the end, and what will be the final."