During the exhibition WonderCon 2012 director Paul V. Anderson gave an interview to Shock Till You Drop, which shared the details relating to his project, "Resident Evil 5."
- At what stage of the project are you right now?
"Stuck firmly in the mounting, mount the director's cutâ€ť.
- By the way, the trailer is good. It is surprising that it came so early.
"Well, we talked about it during the filming. We wanted to provide a teaser as a statement of intent - we come to the creation of the film globally. I thought that if we're going to do another" Resident Evil ", we must raise the bar and zoom in. I wanted to make the first truly epic film about zombies, epic post-apocalyptic movie, and we got it. "
- Footage that we saw in the teaser was filmed specifically for it and the film will not be included?
"All the footage from the film, except the people standing with the production of Sony's hands (laughs). Nevertheless, I love them because they all have the right to be eaten alive."
- Hence, an excerpt from the White House and those flying creatures ...
"They are from the "Resident Evil 5." The concept of "Raising the Bar" meant the creation of creatures and zombies a level that they become a big problem for our heroes. I realized that the superiority of mankind feels too long. For example, if you could get to the helicopter and take off - you're safe, no one before you do not get. But now it is not, because we use these cool parasitic creatures from video game "Resident Evil 5." In the scene with the White House, they break the big helicopters in the sky. Plus we still have Las Plagas parasite from the video game "Resident Evil 4", which is an infection - people want to eat you - but now they have the motor skills and they have some intelligence. They can go on motorcycles and shot with automatic weapons. All this makes survival more problematic. "
- Since we are talking about increasing the scale, does this mean that we will see how things are going in those who survived in the world? Previously, the emphasis was on Alice and her team ...
"Yes, to achieve the epic, we have added international locations: in addition to the destroyed Capitol building in Washington, we see Times Square, Red Square, Tokyo ..."
- Over time, you realize how much franchise has evolved. One can only speculate on how long you waited for a chance to get a free hand in the study of the universe.
"You dream, and dreams take on reality. I'm incredibly proud of this franchise. When you start with a modest project, funded by, and finish a billionth of a horror franchise ... develop, which takes place in one room, up to a film of epic proportions - it's very nice. I'm a big fan of the "Alien" and when you watch the first two films - Ridley Scott and James Cameron - you know that they are a perfect example of the proper development of franchise. How Cameron has joined the game after Ridley with his claustrophobic film, it was very clever, because the second lift of the "Alien" Cameron could not do. So he made his own film - scary, with all imaginable elements of a good action. It's always served me a lesson, and it is this lesson I want to bring to life now. Allow myself to develop and evolve, save the familiar elements of the fans, but also brought something new. "
- Using the example of "Alien" you are talking about two different directors. As for your movies, especially the fourth and fifth, we're talking about a director who is putting pressure on himself and raises the bar for himself. It must be hard...
"Yes, definitely. I spent a lot of time thinking about it. Clip, which we show at the exhibition, includes a scene in the corridors of the Corporation Umbrella - we stayed so long in the corridors. In metallic corridors, hallways, made of certain materials. What changes do we bring? Production Design in the fifth part of the show is not the world. It's beautiful. We have developed a special design of the glass, they create a unique visual effect - as if lit from within. Light passes through the floor, walls and ceiling. Hard and white. But just beginning to shed blood, you get the color red on a white floor, and Milla in black. This is a graphic, a fresh look. Definitely it is a "Resident Evil". We have Milla, zombie, there is the logo of the Corporation Umbrella, but in this form it has not appeared in the films of the franchise. "