In an interview with the "Financial Times" Angelina Jolie has admitted that in recent years has changed her views on acting. The actress has just completed work on a directorial debut, "In the land of blood and honey," said she likes the role of mother rather than the usual roles in the movies.
Jolie, who still appear in the image of Egyptian queen in the new version of "Cleopatra" has shared her views on life and work.
"You were attracted to certain roles because they address the issues of life, love or freedom - she says. - You ask yourself these questions, while growing up. Am I strong enough? Adequate enough? Do I understand myself?"
Angelina has already understood for herself.
"I was older and I understand who I am. And I have much less interested in characters who help me find an answer to a question who I am in position to respond as a woman and as an adult. "
"We with Brad are going to get older and less likely to be filmed - continues Jolie. - I've been working for a long time, he has long worked. We're not going to do this lifetime. In addition to the movie we have a lot of other things ".
True, to leave the cinema for ever actress is not going in the near future.
"Earlier, I have loved this work more. Now I love the role of mother. "
In October 2008 Angelina Jolie has done such a statement.
This weekend Angelina Jolie received an honorary prize at the festival in Sarajevo. The award, entitled "Heart of Sarajevo" was awarded the actress for her humanitarian work and "an active part in the difficulties of the real world."
Projects stars are often claimed much earlier than end up in production. For example, last November the director of "Sexual creature" Jonathan Glazer has subscribed to a screen version of the novel by Michel Faber "Under My Skin". The film with Scarlett Johansson will be shown in October 2011.
Glazer project exhibited at the American Film Market last year. For a long time it was expected that filming will begin in 2010, but so far the producers could not reach an agreement from Johansson, work on the painting could not break the deadlock.
Action of the Faber’s book develops in Scotland, where every day on the highway Edinburgh- Glasgow goes poor car with a luxurious driver. Behind the wheel bosomed blonde with huge green eyes. She picks up hitchhikers, mostly healthy and powerful men, and paralyzes them.
The girl is proving to be a representative of a different civilization whose relatives had kindled a storm of activity in Scotland. The aliens are castrated and fattened victims, and then carefully cut up their bodies. Faber tells the story of a person of her character, which will subsequently go on a confrontation with her views. Whether to keep a satirical subtext of the novel Glazer is not yet known. Now all the difficulties behind us, so that in October, Scarlett will go to Scotland for eight weeks. For Jonathan Glazer, "Under my skin" is the first film after the underrated "Birthday," released in 2004.
The creator, producer and director on the graphic novel series "Walking Dead" Frank Darabont has announced about his withdrawal from the project. Now they are working on a second season of the show, so the incident seems at least strange.
The fact that just last week, on Friday, Darabont has appeared on the convention of Comic-Con panel dedicated to "dead." Externally, there were no signs of such developments. The director talked about the second season that starts from the first series, answering questions from the audience.
Tonight it was announced that director of "Shawshank Redemption" has left the project channel AMC. As soon as the rumors about how hard to work with Darabont, saying that he does not listen to another opinion.
"Frank does not know how to work with the group - writes one of the insiders on the website Deadline. - His ego prevents the TV series to bebetter. Without him a TV series does not lose anything. "
In December last year on a platform of "dead" was a scandal: Darabont fired all the writers of the first season and said that working on the sequel will hire freelancers. The decision was taken without consultation with the director and producers.
At the same time led to the project director Glenn Mazzar and appointed him as executive producer. It is likely that control of the project will go to him, but so far only on the level of rumor. It is known that the current changes will not affect the work on the show - shooting the second season of "Walking dead" continues. In the USA, the premiere will be held on October 16.
Director adaptation of the graphic novel by Alan Moore "V Vendetta" has finished work on "The Raven" and looking for a new project. James McTeigue will shoot a thriller "Message From the King".
James McTeigue is known for his work with his brothers Wachowski. He was an assistant director on the trilogy "The Matrix" and led the second film crew while working on "Speed Racer." His debut film was the picture "V", produced by Wachowski.
A painting of Natalie Portman received devastating reviews, no matter showed itself at the box office, all but putting an end to a career of McTeigue. But a year later he was summoned to work by turning inside the movie Oliver Hirshbigelya "Invasion." German filmmaker has made not the same movie, which is expected to producers.
"Ninja Assassin" is also not secured in the genre of film directors McTeigue class "A", but gave an impetus to try his hand at another genre. In March of next year will be shown the gothic thriller "The Raven," where John Cusack plays a writer Edgar Allan Poe.
"Message from the King" - also a thriller, but without a drop of mysticism. The script writers have written "Unknown" Oliver Butcher and Stephen Cornwell. Protagonist is named Jacob King. This charismatic outsider arrives in Los Angeles to investigate the sudden disappearance of his sister.
The project runs a company FilmNation Entertainment, whose production is headed by Aaron Ryder worked with McTeigue on "The Raven".
"Since James has shown us the first installation of the film, it became clear that we will continue our cooperation", - says producer.
It seems, star of "Transformers" keeps his word and really will not be acting in blockbusters. Shia LaBeouf is now finished filming in western of John Hillcoat "The most drunken county in the world" and goes to Robert Redford. Films veteran is going to put a political thriller by novel from Neil Gordon “The Company You Keep”.
Lem Dobbs wrote a script. On his account are also scripts to "Dark City", "Englishman," "Kafka" and "Knockout" by Steven Soderbergh.
"The Company You Keep" tells the story of a former member of the radical leftist group "Underground meteorologists," who for 30 years looking for the FBI. In the sixties he left his little daughter, but now again forced to embark on the run because he may be showing up. Young and ambitious journalist, was attacked on his trail and will stop at nothing to make a name for the hero's story.
Robert Redford plays a former radical, whereas the role of a reporter has performed Shia LaBeouf. The producers describe the project, "The Company" as a gripping thriller about real Americans, accustomed to defend their beliefs, believing themselves to be patriots.
Redford directing projects rarely enjoyed success at the box office. "Legend Bagher Vance" has failed, the picture "Lions for Lambs" has been criticized for being too politicized, but really someone who, as Robert Redford in his youth took a very active citizenship.
"Conspirator" with a budget of 25 million collected in the United States with 11 million dollars.
It is hoped that the new movie of director will have more luck.
You may recall how 10 years ago Tony Scott thriller "Spy Game" where Redford played in tandem with other young but already well-known Hollywood actors. After the project, Robert is no longer taking in patronage over the youngsters on the screen. So that LaBeouf will be typed experience one of the few survivors of Hollywood classics.
Work on the painting is already underway, and filming will begin in September and will be held in Vancouver.
Despite the fact that Ridley Scott was unable to attend in San Diego, the director still appeared before the convention and visitors and spoke about his "Prometheus." Ridley, along with the star of his film Numi Rapas stood against the backdrop of a waterfall in Iceland, and the image was broadcasted via satellite in a huge hall H of fairground.
"I just came from cosmos - said Rapas .- It is very strange to return to Earth." The actress was wrapped in a warm jacket and was laconic. But some details told Charlize Theron.
Panel moderator of "Prometheus," Damon Lindelof told how he turned Ridley Scott to write the script. He remembered sitting with the director, read the existing script prequel of "Alien", and described how he had changed it.
The conversation touched on the format and 3D, in which being filmed. Here, the director responded quite unexpectedly.
"For further I will shoot everything in 3D, - said Ridley. - 3D not only expands the scene of action, but also opens a new universe, even for small conversational scenes."
However, there is something that Scott does the old fashioned way. Director minimal recourse to the aid of computer effects. "As said my coordinator of special effects 28 years ago: “if something can be done live, live better"- says Ridley. - It's cheaper, and looks better. "
Scott frankly admitted that such a pleasure to work he had not received for many years. One of the audiences asked about the "children's" rating of "Prometheus": how the need to adhere to the rating: PG-13 inhibits the director? Ridley said that he managed to think PG-13 version of the painting that "substantially covered my ass." But there is a chance that the director will show his bloody version of R-rating on DVD and blue-ray.
The director promised that the "Prometheus" will be associated with the "Alien", but it will be known only in the last minutes of the picture.
Tireless director Robert Rodriguez has obtained one more project. He said about the purchase of film rights to the series of journals Heavy Metal. At the same time Robert did not forget about the sequel to "Sin City" and the extensions of the adventures of the Machete. One of them will take place in the cosmos.
The last time talking about the production on the film "Heavy metal" came in 2008. Then the project was in the hands of David Fincher, and he was planning to make an animation picture, divided into several parts. Each part had to take apart a guest director. Among the likely names were called Zack Snyder and James Cameron.
One of the directors, approved by Fincher, was Kevin Eastman. It was he who got in touch with Rodriguez after the rights to stage "Heavy metal" in Fincher expired. A curious coincidence that just at that time, Robert began to find out who owns those rights. At the convention on Thursday, Rodriguez talked about how long he loves these magazines and still holds tons of titles of "Metal" in his studio. The director admitted that he owes his inspiration to them, "Sin City" novels by Frank Miller and Robert E. Howard. Rodriguez said at the same time that his desire to shoot "Barbarella" was partly motivated by the desire to approach as close to "Heavy metal" as possible.
What form will take the project with his participation, Rodriguez does not know yet, but the format of the anthology with different directors has always liked him. Robert offered to visitors of the convention to shoot movies in the style of "heavy metal" themselves and send him - just in time people have send him trailers to the project "Grindhouse".
As for "Sin City 2," then, according to the director, he will either make a movie this year or never.
"As soon as the script is ready, we begin to shoot. If the script was ready right now, we'd already picked up the actors. We must once again go through the script. As will be ready - we shoot. We do not hold, except for work on story and characters. Viewers have long been waiting for the movie, so we can’t spoil the pot".
The second film will be called "A Dame To Kill For", it will include the eponymous subject of comics and has two new stories, which are specially composed by Frank Miller.
In addition, Robert wants to shoot "Sin City 2" in 3D, but swears that he will apply the technology in such a way as to him no one had ever done before.
With the success of "Machete" Rodriguez on DVD starts to work immediately by two sequels: "Machete kills" and "Machete kills again." And in the third film director is going to launch a hero Danny Trejo in the cosmos. Opinion of the actor in this regard is not yet known.
In mid-June it became known that Tom Cruise is a prime candidate for the role of the hero detective Lee Child - Jack Richer. The film based on the novel "The Shot" is going to take Christopher McQuarrie, he also wrote the screenplay. At Paramount Pictures recently received final approval for participation in Cruise's thriller.
Immediately after Cruz was assigned to the project, heard cries of disgruntled fans of bestseller lists. They could understand the plot of Richer - six-foot blonde weighing 100 kg. One look at Tom will be enough to see how the actor does not like the hero of novels by Lee Child.
And yet the writer himself has nothing against Cruise. "Growth Richer in the books - a metaphor for his irresistible force - says Lee Child. - Cruise will be able to show it to my film".
According to the plot in the city center, near the new office building, unseen sniper starts shooting people. Six shots - five of the victims. City plunged into horror. However, a few hours the police finds offender. And though all the clues point to him, the suspect denies everything.
He said that police had arrested the wrong guy, and Jack needs to find the Richer. But that can bind to a complete psychopath with a former military police officer? Suspected denies everything.
Tom Cruise and Christopher McQuarrie have worked together on "Valkyrie," where McQuarrie was a screenwriter. "The Shot" he was going to put himself, including and directing. Christopher is no stranger - screenwriter debuted crime drama "The Path of weapons."
Filming of "The Shot" will be held in Pittsburgh. Cruise is now engaged in the musical "Rock of ages", where, according to witnesses, proved to be a great singer. Then the actor goes into maintaining McQuarrie, after which he will act in "Oblivion" by Joseph Kosinski.
What feared film fans and fans of Stephen King's happened: Universal Studios put an end to the ambitious project on the adaptation of the seven-volume edition of "Dark Tower". Already in early May, the fate of Ron Howard's project hung in the balance, and this week the studio finally turned on him.
In September last year, Ron Howard said he would withdraw the first of three film series "Dark Tower", among which is planned to show two complete series of arrow Roland Diskeyn. For the film project then took Universal, and for his television component - channel NBC.
The main role was approved by Javier Bardem. In late May, Howard promised to begin shooting in spring 2012. After this, talks about “Dark Tower” have silenced. It was expected that Universal will find a way to reduce the excessive budget without hurting the project. It appears that all attempts to the studio failed. As of today, "Dark Tower" will have to find a new home or even cease to exist.
Rumor has it that the studio was ready to shoot only one film that did not like Howard and company. Then in May it was rumored that Warner can clean up orphan "Dark Tower" to their hands, but something did not work.
Insiders say, bosses of Universal were delighted with the project of Ron Howard, Brian Grazer and Akiva Goldsman, but the studio was never able to enter the "Dark Tower" in their business model. In other words, the project was too expensive.
It is expected that now Ron Howard will shoot "Race", which is attributed to Chris Hemsworth. The star of "Thor" must play a racer of "Formula 1" James Hunt. Shootings are planned at the beginning of 2012, but now things can change.
1). Filming of the third movie about the adventures of Riddick, with the working title "The Chronicles of Riddick: The Adventures of dead" will start in September 2011. About it informs edition Variety, in addition to the news that Vin Diesel will star in an untitled thriller from writers of the movie "Unknown". Filming of the third "The Chronicles of Riddick" will be held in Canada. Previously, Diesel said that the timing of the project has not been determined, as the film studio seeks to reduce project costs.
In the story, which was announced at a presentation, not all nekromongers recognized the authority of Riddick, and fight back against the charter sent in opposition murderers, Riddick finds agreement with Vaak: he gives him supreme power, and for this Vaak delivers Riddick to his home planet. Vaak agrees, but on the way the ship suffers accident, and Riddick finds himself in alone on a strange planet inhabited by nightmarish creatures, such as "mud-demons."
However, the Diesel and director David Twohy said that work on the script is still going on, so the plot can still change.
2). The film company Warner Bros. intends to continue its collaboration with Guy Ritchie and after the movie "Sherlock Holmes 2: Game of Shadows." According to resource Twitch, the British director has been invited to film comics dedicated to Sergeant Rock. It is noteworthy that Ritchie has planned to shoot the film about brave warriors times World War II many years ago, but then his ideas have not found favor. For a time it was believed that the film will be directed by Francis Lawrence, who has shot such films as "Constantine" and "I’m legend." He intended to transfer the action in the future. Later, however, Lawrence refused to participate in the project. The producer of Guy Ritchie's picture is going to be Joel Silver.
Recall that the Sergeant Rock first appeared in DC Comics in the 50s last century. Since 1977, about this character has appeared the own series, which was published before the end of the 80s. It is worth noting that once on the role of Rock has claimed Arnold Schwarzenegger.