This weekend, Pixar announced about two future projects. To them will be attributed Bob Peterson and Pete Docter. Both shot cartoon "Up", but now each of them will work on different movies. Peterson got a story about dinosaurs, while the Docter project will tell us about the activities of the human brain.
The first of the planned films will be in theaters in November 27, 2013. It has no name, but you know what will be discussed. The action will unfold on an alternate Earth. Magicians from Pixar will dream on the theme of "what would happen if in our planet has not hit an asteroid, destroying all the dinosaurs." That is, this story will be dinosaurs co-exist with humans. Behind all this is Bob Peterson, a veteran of the company. He is also a screenwriter of "Finding Nemo," "Ratatouille" and "Up." Cartoon about dinosaurs will be his second directorial work, which Bob will do on a par with Peter Sonoma.
The second film will be in theaters later, on 30 May 2014. It also has yet no name. According to the site Playlist, the script writer had a hand in the third part of "Toy Story" Michael Arndt. All the same site found out that the film tells of how a human head formed ideas.
This will be an incredibly ambitious project even by the standards of Pixar. Going to shoot the new movie - Pete Docter, the author of "Monsters, Inc.". "The action of my film developed, where we all were, but never seen," - says the director.
Another cartoon of Pixar, film "Braveheart," will be released in June 22, 2012. In the summer of 2013th we will be surprised with the adventures of rejuvenated Mike Vazovsky and thinner Sally at the prequel "Monsters, Inc.".
1). Given the pace at which Terrence Malick earlier shot his movies, I want to say that the director switched to assembly line. His new picture with the alleged name "The Burial" has been completed and will be released next year, and at the beginning of 2012 Malik will start shooting a new, unnamed project so far with Christian Bale in the title role.
From 1973 to 2010, Terrence Malick took only four films. Just in the fourth scene, the drama "New World", one of the roles played Christian Bale. The fifth film of director, an existential drama "Tree of Life," received the "Golden Palm" at Cannes.
Malik was going to shoot Bale in "Burial", but the actor failed to settle the shooting schedule, so the role went to Ben Affleck. Also, the project involved Rachel McAdams, Rachel Weisz, Javier Bardem, Jessica Chastain and Olga Kurylenko.
The site Twitch argues that in the new picture will be much less master cast. It is expected that this will be the story of men and women. It remains only to find an actress who becomes a partner of Bale. According to rumors, Malik has four contenders: Rooney Mara, Haley Bennett, Clemence Poesy, and Mia Wasikowska.
2). Considering how many projects has taken up in recent years Brian De Palma, it is hard to say which of them eventually will be on the big screen. The other day the director signed up to stage thriller "The Key Man".
Scenario to the picture will write Joby Harold. To date, writer has only one work, which was filmed - crime drama "Awake".
Harold also wrote the script for the manga "All You Need Is Kill".
"The Key Man" - the story in the style of "Three Days of Condor" and "Marathon." The main character, a single father, forced to hide from government agents, because his body hidden by the answers to some very important state secrets.
Brian De Palma for the last time was going to shoot a remake of the French thriller "Criminal Love". It was assumed that the director will announce the cast in May at the Cannes Film Festival, but not a word about the project has been said.
The last film of director of "Untouchables" was a picture of "Redacted", published in 2007. Last summer, Brian De Palma was going to film the novel of Gardner McKay Toyer. It seems that the project is postponed again on the shelf.
Shooting of "The Key Man" is scheduled to begin later this year.
Author of "The Vault" is Sam Serkar. This is a fantastic thriller, action which develops near the island of Oak, which is located near the coast of Canadian New Scotia. The main characters - treasure hunters. A team of researchers and scientists use the latest achievements in the field of diving to discover broken ships near the island.
Once during a storm, the team takes a number of decisions that lead to an important discovery. Heroes of the mysterious sarcophagus found and released to freedom of evil, whose existence had no idea.
The creator of comic Sam Serkar grew up near the Oak Island and have first-hand familiar with the legend of the treasure. In 1795, two teenagers were playing pirates and accidentally discovered the so-called Money pit. As adults, they continued digging and found a stone with the words "at a depth of 40 feet under the stone buried two million pounds." Even President Roosevelt was going to organize expedition into the money pit, but it did not happen.
Yet Oak Island is constantly attracted treasure hunters. This fact became the basis for the comic book "The Vault". Mini-series, consisting of three issues, was first presented at a recent convention Comic-Con.
The company GK Films, owned by King and Infinitum Nihil is now owned by Johnny Depp bought rights to film this graphic novel.
One of the authors of the family comedy "Night at the Museum" Ben Garant adapts to the Disney studio manga Tuxedo Gin, where one of the main characters is a talking penguin. For brevity, the project was called simply "Tux".
Buying process of the rights to the English version of the manga took the American publisher VIZ Media almost two years. With what was responsible for such difficulties, the website Deadline is silent. On the part of Disney are producing the film, Sean Bailey and Rich Ross. Both have been known to not take up the stories with talking animals. Among the projects producer of "Tron: The Legacy", "Earth's core" and "Black hole".
However, in the case of the "Tux" is not so simple. The protagonist, a senior Jinja Kusanagi, is preparing to become a professional boxer, but once on the way to rendezvous with a girl Minako gets in a car accident and learns from an angel that lived his life more selfish. He can reincarnate, but reserves his karma was only enough to become a small animal. Remembering about the love of Minako to the penguins in his new life Jinja is also becoming a penguin.
He hatches from eggs in the aquarium zoo, but know that can not swim. Only by sheer luck Jinja gets to the hands of Minako. And now he will not only protect the girl from adversity and other fans, but also work on improving his karma, latter he will help the penguins at the zoo.
Manga printed in Japan from 1997 to 2000 and has fifteen parts. What turns it into Ben Garant - is unknown, but we can already assume that the action will be postponed at least in America.
It seems we can expect a new explosion of love in Hollywood for the penguins: they brought a lovely comedy "Mr. Popper's Penguins" in worldwide box office $ 135 million, recouped its budget of 55 million.
The first half of 2011 is behind us, and it's time to take its preliminary results. The first is to recognize the truth of the creator of "Iron Man" Jon Favreau, who last year predicted a "bloodbath" keeping in mind above all a fight of the potential blockbusters of the summer season. But even he could hardly have guessed that it would be a battle of billionaires.
First, a little history. The first full-fledged multi-millionaire of our time (without any amendments there to inflation) was "Titanic", a stereoscopic version of which we can see in April 2012. While $ 1.8 billion, which earned the film by James Cameron, seemed somewhat incredible and unique.
Next time, a billionth mark was subjected to the third part of "The Lord of the Rings" in six years, and then the time intervals between successive births of billionaires have rapidly lowered. In 2006, more than a billion dollars collected movie"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" in 2008, crossed the psychologically important milestone "The Dark Knight." The truth here is to make one important reservation. Christopher Nolan's film managed to join the club of billionaires only from the second attempt: the picture was re-released during the voting for nominees for the "Oscar".
In 2009, Cameron has excelled himself with the release of "Avatar." His $ 2.7 billion for many more years will be a guiding light for all the Hollywood producers of blockbusters. Quite possibly, only he can improve and this record.
In a year, billionaires has already begun to arrive in pairs - "Alice in Wonderland" and "Toy Story 3: The Great Escape", and the latter was the only animation project to climb this line.
A second candidate for membership in the club of billionaires was "Transformers 3: The Dark Side of the Moon." After rather pointless second series there were some doubts about the ability of Michael Bay to shoot dignified end of the trilogy, but to the credit of the director he was able to get the job done on most errors. And although at the time of writing this note billion milestone picture has not yet been overcome, but it's only a matter of days. Finally, no one doubts that the "Harry Potter", each time stopping just one step short of a billion, will make this step after the last episode.
So 2011 has already obtained a record number of billionaires. Will have some film to join this list? Most likely not. Although the end of 2011 will come rolling in several "dark horses" like "Adventures of Tintin" and "Puss in Boots." Well, of course, do not forget sequels and blockbusters have already taken place- "Sherlock Holmes 2," "Mission: Impossible 4" and, naturally, the next "Twilight." Each of these projects can present many surprises, such as, did "Fast and the Furious 5," earned more than 600 million.
But the conclusion of the above we can do right now. Beginning in 2009, members of the elite club of billionaires grew only stereoscopic films. Given the number of potential 3D-blockbusters that come out in 2012, we can predict that the population will rapidly expand.
Peter Jackson, Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Ridley Scott, James Cameron has made their choice, and when these titans say their word, the future of cinema is evident.
The decision to close the company ImageMovers, owned by Robert Zemeckis, Disney Studio took in March of last year. A year later, Disney fulfilled its promise, and the director was on the street. But this week ImageMovers has been picked up with the studio Universal.
Terms of Universal and Zemeckis deal differs from the collaboration with Disney. The contract for two years provides a so-called first look - on all the projects of director. In addition, Universal is not going to spend money to build the pavilion like the one that was previously available to the director and used to work on the films using the technology of motion capture.
According to the contract with Universal, Robert Zemeckis will have to develop not only animated, but artistic feature films. This means that some "Polar Express" director did not get off. There are no units for the project work will not be built.
Now Zemeckis producing a picture of "How to survive the onslaught of garden gnomes" for Sony Pictures Animation, but the fate befall his remake of "Yellow Submarine" is not yet known.
Moving of ImageMovers to Universal - a strange move for a studio that has a problem with the box office hits. Everyone remembers the attachment to the format of Zemeckis and 3D animation using motion capture. These projects do not bring profit to the creators. Especially loud fell cartoon "The Mystery of the Red Planet" filmed over 150 million and has earned a worldwide box 38.9 million dollars. After leaving Disney with Zemeckis, virtually every Hollywood studio asked director to shoot feature films. One of the projects can be a movie "Flight" with Denzel Washington, but with the revival of ImageMovers things can change.
Creative duo of brothers Hughes somehow quietly disintegrated: Albert Hughes offered to shoot, "Akira" and Allen Hughes - a political drama "Broken City" with Mark Wahlberg. However, Albert plans have changed. The director left the film version of anime and looked closely at the draft of Motor City, where the main role proposed to Chris Evans.
Departing from the project "Akira," Albert Hughes stayed with the studio Warner on good terms. Moreover, the studio assured him employment in another projects, which seems to be and the Motor City.
Chris Evans can play a small rascal, who, being substituted, gets into the jail. Coming from it, he would take revenge on his oppressors. It would seem a trivial subject. But why did the script of Chad St. John appear in the famous "Black List" of best non-released scenarios of 2009? The thing is that the protagonist of the film says only one replica. Moreover, in all scenarios there is only one replica.
In our days, to shoot a silent film in the Hollywood is a real suicide. Some time ago the Coen brothers were trying to break through a silent film about World War II, but failed, despite the consent of Brad Pitt filming at them.
But at this year's Cannes Film Festival has done a lot of noise and black and white silent film "Artist". Jean Dujardin won award for best actor, critics were ecstatic, Harvey Weinstein bought the rights to immediately release the picture in the U.S. It is possible that the script of Motor City has been taken from the shelf on the wave of interest in the film of Michel Hazanavichusa.
The film produces Joel Silver, who will not give up the ability to find future hits. Chris Evans after the release of "The First Avenger" has proved that he can make on his shoulders the entire movie, even if one-third of these pictures are narrow shoulders. But if he refuses, there are already some candidates to replace: Jeremy Renner and Joel Edgerton.
In any case, Hughes has accepted the offer to film. Work will begin in early January. Whether Evans will accept the project or not we will get to know soon.
Given that the classical image of Snow White is still connected with the Walt Disney film, the long reluctance of studios to take on the game version of the story of the girl, the evil queen and the Seven Dwarfs caused at least puzzling. Now Disney shook off the dust from the project about Snow White and the Seven Shaolin monks, renamed it and changed the concept.
The project, formerly known as "Snow White and the Seven", was known from 2002. Some time ago to it was assigned director of the thriller "I - a legend" Francis Lawrence. But since then much water has flowed, Lawrence took "Water for Elephants," a story about a girl and seven Shaolin monks seem to have forgotten.
Now, when studios Universal and Relativity raced off their version of "Snow White", Disney came to its senses. The script for "Snow White and the Seven", which put a number of famous writers' hands up to the writer Michael Chabona, got down from the shelf and handed over to the young visionary Michael Gracie.
Gracie was an animator in the company Animal Logic, which worked on the cartoon "Happy Feet", and then teamed up with colleague Pete Commins, special effects specialist, founded the company Partizan Lab, and went to shoot commercials. One of them, you know very well:
The film, with which Michael Gracie debuts in cinema, will be called "The Order of the Seven". From the stories about Snow White will be only a girl and the number of her defenders. The action will be transferred to China of the 19th century, however, seven characters will be recruited from around the world.
A team of soldiers belonging to an ancient order, meets fugitive from England, pursued by an ancient evil. Warriors no longer follow the rules of their order, so that the meeting with the evil will become for them a kind of redemption. By the way, each character will have his own unique fighting style. Michael is a wonderful dancer and choreographer, so he will put the stage of fighting.
In the near future Gracie will start working on storyboards and design of the film. Shooting will begin next year.
Director of "Ocean's Eleven" doesn’t stop to amaze the film world. Once he shoots porn star in the title role, then decides to retire, in order to draw, but now he has surpassed himself. Steven Soderbergh is headed by second crew of the film "The Hunger Games."
In recent days on Twitter might find mention of the presence of Steven Soderbergh on the set of "The Hunger Games." Remember, this is an adaptation of the eponymous bestseller Suzanne Collins who composed a trilogy about the harsh world of the future, where teens are forced to take part in a deadly battle.
Director of the project is Gary Ross. Production designer of "The Hunger Games" is Eddie Mills wrote on Twitter: "This weekend we've got Soderbergh! Very cool!"
As the number of exclamation marks rolls over, it seems that Stephen really came to the shooting. But in what capacity? And then tweet illuminator Chris Blackstone helps: "Wow! Just found out that Steven Soderbergh comes to us to lead second crew! "
Sources of Playlist blog confirmed the rumors: Soderbergh and really helps Gary Ross to shoot "The Hunger Games." But again, all is not as sudden as it seems from the outside. Stephen and Gary are actually old friends. Soderbergh has produced one of the best films of Ross "Pleasantville". Another link was Philip Messina, costume designer of "The Hunger Games", who worked on many films with Soderbergh - "Traffic," "Solaris," "Erin Brockovich" and Danny Ocean's trilogy.
Given that the movie should be in theaters for 22 March next year, Soderbergh's decision to help his friend is very correct. Stephen is famous for his ability to work very quickly. Like Matt Damon said, while working on the "Contaminated", Soderbergh is mounted a picture and in 20 minutes has shown amazing material, which has been shooting for the whole day. Generally Damon sometimes talks too much, for what Soderbergh at the recent Comic-Con convention has called him a 14-year old girl.
The attractiveness of such commercial project as "The Hunger Games" for a number of snobs instantly increased. And let the second work crew does not affect the overall perception of the film, the degree of expectation of the project has actually increased.
Studio Paramount, whose contract to release the films of DreamWorks Animation production ends in 2012, proposed to continue the cooperation for another year. DWA Head Jeffrey Katzenberg has refused. Paramount said about organization of their animation studio.
The relationship between the studios has relentlessly gone to its logical conclusion. The last straw was a sequel fees of "Kung Fu Panda" - a picture that brings together in worldwide box office of over 600 million dollars, but, obviously, DreamWorks hoped for more.
Paramount offered to extend the contract until 2013 and produce an animated film unit DreamWorks, getting paid for it 8 percent of the fees. DWA wants to pay for the release of their paintings less than, well, Paramount, ideally, would like to receive the same release anymore. There is a divergence of interests.
The proposal to continue the cooperation received from Paramount some time ago, but Jeffrey Katzenberg, head of the DWA, according to insiders, was adamant. Although, frankly, obvious alternative for Paramount to release DreamWorks Animation films on the horizon is not visible.
Meanwhile, in early July, Paramount announced about the creation of its own studio producing animation. The first swallow the studio to work with animation, became film "Rango," Gore Verbinski. Western with a budget of 135 million at the box office proved to be unimportant, having collected more than $ 240 million, but received praise of the most reputable American critics.
Paramount hasn’t doubts in success of their own enterprise.