Seth Rogen filmography and biography
Date of birth: 15 April 1982, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Seth Rogen trivia
- Attended Point Grey Secondary School in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Son of Mark Rogen.
- His parents met each other in Israel.
- Was ranked #20 on Entertainment Weekly's '30 Under 30' the actors list. (2008).
- Started as a stand-up comic when he was 13.
- In Pineapple Express, in the scene where he is arrested by the police officer, his height is listed as 5' 9".
- According to "Rotten Tomatoes", his five favorite films are: The Big Lebowski, Ghost Busters, The Last Detail, Total Recall and Goodfellas.
- Engaged to Lauren Miller (III) [September 29, 2010].
Seth Rogen quotes
- It shocks me that 90210 and Superbad are technically considered part of the same genre. It was as much TV shows as movies that made us feel under-represented. No part of me watched 90210 and thought, 'Yeah! that's what my life is like!' It seemed like a different planet. I mean, I like shitty movies as much as the next guy, I'm not a snob, but things like that had no guys like us in it - that was the point.
- My mom's a social worker and my dad works in non-profit organizations. But they seem very radical in American terms, embracing a form of socialism that really doesn't even exist here. I mean, where I come from, communism is not a terrible word.
- I guess what Judd Apatow is to me, is what Terrence Malick is to David Gordon Green. They're just good friends.
- I remember when I got my first Adam Sandler (I) CD and it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard in my entire life, and continues to be.
- I couldn't say enough great things about him. He's the reason I'm not a homeless crack-head right now. - on Judd Apatow
- On writing and starring in The Green Hornet: Nerds love complaining. You go to Ain't It Cool News, and everybody complains about everything. They could find out Jesus Christ was making a movie with Frank Miller, and they'd say, 'That's a terrible combination!
- When I first moved to LA, I went out to meet with agencies, and one of them asked me what my goals were. I said "to be in a Kevin Smith (I) movie". That goal has not changed.
- [On appearing in Knocked Up and Pineapple Express] You know, I never had a girlfriend before and I thought it would masculinize me. But it's actually done the opposite. Now I know about accent walls and the whole world of throw pillows.