James O'Barr filmography and biography
Date of birth: 1 January 1960, Detroit, Michigan, USA
James O'Barr trivia
- Makes cameo appearance in The Crow... (It's a secret.)
- The reason he had created The Crow was because of the death of his Fiance
James O'Barr quotes
- Jesus walks into a hotel with 3 nails and he asks the innkeeper: Can you put me up for the night?
- After someone very close to me was killed by a drunk driver, I joined the Marines. I just wanted to stop thinking and have some structure in my life. But I was still filled with such rage and frustration that I had to get it out before it destroyed me. One day I just began drawing The Crow; it came pouring out. My character Eric is able to return from the grave because some things just cannot be forgiven; and I believe that there could be a love so strong that it could transcend death, that it could refuse death, and this soul would not rest until it set things right.
- (on how writing The Crow never brought the catharsis he was hoping for): "As I drew each page, it made me more self-destructive, if anything. There is pure anger on each page"
- (regarding the death of Brandon Lee (I), and his widow, Eliza Hutton): I relived the same pain and anger as before. I wished I had never written the thing, though if I hadn't, I probably wouldn't be here, having been consumed by my very self-destructive behavior. I was fueled by rage and fury for years and years. My soul felt like a hurricane. I was raised in orphanages and foster homes, and I felt, like, "When is God gonna give me a break?" When Brandon died, I felt like, "Is God trying to test my limits or what?" Why let me become best friends with the guy and take him senselessly from me? God is a bastard, if there is one.
James O'Barr filmography
|Comic Book Literacy||2009|
|A Profile of James O'Barr||2001|
|A-Z of Horror||1997|