Philip (II) Ng filmography and biography
Date of birth: 20 April 1977, New York City, New York, USA
Philip (II) Ng trivia
- Has a B.A. in TV & Radio Production from Brooklyn College and an A.A.S. in Broadcasting Management & Technologies from Kingsborough Community College.
- Was Treasurer of the Brooklyn College "Science Fiction & Fantasy Society" and "Fencing Club" during the Fall 2002/Spring 2003 semester. Was President of Brooklyn College "Science Fiction & Fantasy Society" during the Fall 2001 semester.
- Is the only child of Wing Wah Ng (father) and Po Wah Sui (mother).
- Is of Chinese and British ethnic descent (3/4 Chinese).
- Is known to use the internet handle, "Knightmare6," which is a combination of ideas and concepts. "Knight" to represent the side of that is good and noble. "Nightmare" to represent the unknown fears that drive people to live their lives and explore the very world which surrounds, and horrifies, them. "6" to represent the evil that can lay within one, as 616 is referred to as the number of the Beast (aka Satan, Lucifer and etc.; though mistranslations of old text say 666 is the number).
- Is fluent in American English, as well as able to speak Cantonese at a proficient level. Also learned some French, Spanish, German and Wasatch when younger, but no longer retains them.
- Avid fan and reader of the publications of Marvel Comics. First comic book received was "Shogun Warriors" issue #1.
- Has lived in New York, Missouri, Illinois and Utah.
- Was considered for the position of script supervisor for the movies, Brooklyn Lobster and Fake Preacher (2005) (V).
- Was a former DJ for Kingsborough Community College's WKRB 90.9 FM Radio Station.
- Has Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorder
- Member of the New York chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences since Fall 2006
- Member of the NYC Theatre Development Fund in 2005.
- Was quoted in the New York Post on March 16th, 2007, regarding the actions of David R. Garvin, an aspiring film producer turned murderer, whom he once script supervised for.
- Was a finalist in the Fall 2008 Wildsound Feature Film Screenplay Festival for his adaptation of the Marvel Comics' property, "Darkhawk.".
Philip (II) Ng quotes
- People are often lured off their paths by the light of temptation.
- Ignorance is poison, knowledge is the antidote.
- He was an aspiring filmmaker, but in the end, I guess he just snapped. - quote from New York Post interview about David R. Garvin (published March 16th, 2007).
Philip (II) Ng filmography
|Play It by Ear||2006|
|The Education of Max Bickford||2001|