Mads Mikkelsen filmography and biography
Date of birth: 22 November 1965, Østerbro, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mads Mikkelsen biography
Mads Mikkelsen is a synonym to the great success the Danish film industry has had since the mid-1990s. Starting out as a low-life pusher/junkie in the 1996 success Pusher, he slowly grew to become one of Denmark's biggest movie actors. The success in his home country includes Blinkende lygter, En kort en lang and the Emmy-winning police series Rejseholdet. His success has taken him abroad where he has played alongside GÃ©rard Depardieu in I Am Dina as well as in the Spanish comedy Torremolinos 73 and the American blockbuster King Arthur.
Mads Mikkelsen trivia
- Brother of actor Lars Mikkelsen (II).
- Two children, Viola and Carl.
- Several polls in girl magazines and newspapers have voted him "sexiest man in Denmark".
- His favourite movie is Taxi Driver.
- The Danish magazine Woman voted him "the sexiest man in the world".
- He was a professional dancer for 8 years.
- Son of Henning Mikkelsen.
- Brother-in-law of actress Anette StÃ¸velbÃ¦k.
- Name pronounced Mass Meguelsnn.
- Speeks Swedish fluently and has lived in Gothenburg for many years.
- Learned Swedish during his 1-year-long dance training in GÃ¶teborg because he grew tired of Swedes only smiling and nodding at him when he spoke to them in Danish.
- A keen motorcyclist owning a rare 1937 Danish Nimbus.
- Mads is a form of Matthew; meaning "Gift of God".
- Wasn't a James Bond fan before starring in Casino Royale.
- Knighted on April 16th 2010 by Her Majesty Margrethe 2nd, Queen of Denmark.
Mads Mikkelsen quotes
- On the fact that he is voted "the sexiest man in Denmark" over and over: "I'd rather be voted 'the sexiest man in Denmark' than 'the ugliest man in Denmark'."
- "I'm a beer man. I tried to drink whiskey and Scotch but I don't get it. It smells like a girl who didn't shower and just splashed a lot of perfume on."
- On his 1937 Danish Nimbus motorcycle: It is like something Steve McQueen (I) would ride. I love the freedom and it doesn't go quite as fast as a modern bike, which pleases my wife.