James LeGros filmography and biography
Date of birth: 27 April 1962, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
James LeGros biography
It isn't hard to make James LeGros bust a gut laughing. Just call him Brad Pitt. Okay, so he doesn't get $6 million a film or have his photo air-kissed by legions of swooning schoolgirls during recess. But if you've caught LeGros' quirky personality, you may wonder why he's still toiling away. But this Minnesota native, despite being tight-lipped on Pitt, LeGros will happily chitchat about his career. LeGros says he isn't very "LA", although he did live there for a short while.
James LeGros trivia
- Collects misspellings of his last name.
- An offbeat favorite in 80s and 90s independent films.
- Apprenticed with the South Coast Repertory Theatre in Southern California before ending up in Hollywood in the early 80s.
- Married to actress/photographer Kristina Loggia, the daughter of actor Robert Loggia. They have two sons.
- When not working on films, he divides his time between Los Angeles and Jackson Hole, Wyoming with his wife and two sons.
- His last name is pronounced Le-Grow.
- Is an only child.
- Don Coscarelli personally chose him over Brad Pitt for the part of Mike in Phantasm II after Universal executives decided to recast the role, replacing original performer A. Michael Baldwin.
James LeGros quotes
- "Brad [Pitt] is a handsome devil. It's better than being the Abe Vigoda look-alike"
- "I collect misspelling of my last name. Jame McRoy, McGros, Legras--it's become kind of a sport"
- "The great thing about that job was I lived in Spain for five months. That part of it was great, but it was a terrible movie!" - On one of his first films, Solarbabies.