Violent J filmography and biography
Date of birth: 28 April 1972, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Violent J biography
Is the lead rapper for the current biggest underground Detroit rap group known as the "Insane Clown Posse" along with Shaggy 2 Dope (known as Joey Ulster). Despite being one of the most hated bands in the world, Insane Clown Posse have managed to release several Platinum Albums. They've also managed to create the third highest grossing wrestling organization in the country; managed to keep the longest running hip hop record in BillBoard Top 200 history; film their own full-length motion picture, wrestled in the WWF, WCW and ECW; founded their own record label (Psychopathic Records); as well as releasing their own highly successful line of comics, toys and clothing. All while building an army of over 10,000,000 dedicated Juggalos.
Violent J trivia
- Turned down a role in Prison Song as a security guard for the fact that he was not permitted to wear his clown make-up.
- Had to pay a total of $100,000 out of his own pocket to complete the budget of the film Big Money Hustlas (2000) (V), which he wrote.
- In all of his CDs he gives credit to "the Butterfly"
- Favorite bands/artists include Prince (I), Michael Jackson (I), and Pearl Jam.
- Released an autobiography entitled "Behind the Paint" in 2003.
- In 1998, Eminem approached him with a flier to promote his "Slim Shady LP" release party, which read that ICP might make an appearance there. ICP had never met, or heard of Eminem at the time. He declined the "invitation", and Eminem took this as a personal insult and thus the battle between Eminem and ICP began.
- Son, Joseph Bruce II, born January 2005.
Violent J quotes
- I'll be quicker to kick an ass before I'll ever kiss one.
- People call us anti-gay for our lyrics all the time. That's lies, all lies. I've had many intimate relationships with juggalos as well as juggalettes, so you know I'm not judging. True clowns don't judge.