Danny Huston filmography and biography
Date of birth: 14 May 1962, Rome, Italy
Danny Huston trivia
- Son of John Huston (I) and Zoe Sallis
- Half-brother of Anjelica Huston, Allegra Huston and Tony Huston (I).
- Grandson of Walter Huston.
- He has played the love interests for real-life best friends Naomi Watts and Nicole Kidman. In 21 Grams, he plays Watts' beloved husband whose loss (along with their daughters) destroys her life, and in Birth, he plays Kidman's fiancÃ©e, who becomes jealous when he vies for her attention with a 10 year old boy who claims to be her deceased husband.
- In The Aviator, he works with Cate Blanchett, who plays Katharine Hepburn, star of his father's film The The African Queen.
- Went to boarding school in Somerset.
- Born while his father, director John Huston (I), was shooting a film in Rome.
- Former brother-in-law of Michael Madsen (I)
- Invited to join to the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences .
- One of 115 people invited to join AMPAS in 2007.
- Has a daughter named Stella (b. 2002), with his wife Katie Jane Evans.
- Uncle of Jack Huston.
- In two of his films, he kills a character by stomping on them, The Proposition and 30 Days of Night.
- He is known for his ear for dialects, which often vary from role to role for him. This may be due partially to his assimilation to various regions while his parents moved him around as a kid.
- In 1943, his grandfather Walter Huston starred in a film called Edge of Darkness. In 2009, he starred in a film with the same name Edge of Darkness, based on the British mini-series.
- His divorce from Katie Evans was never finalized. She committed suicide in 2008.
- Appears in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, opposite Dominic Monaghan. Monaghan also appeared in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, which had previously been made as an animated film (The Return of the King (1980) (TV)), in which his father, John Huston (I), played Gandalf. Gandalf was played in the later film by Ian McKellen, who also appeared as Magneto in the earlier X-Men movies.
Danny Huston quotes
- "Sometimes film is just the family business. Some families are generations of carpenters or farmers, or they make clothes, or they're all lawyers. I'm in the family business."
- "Why should I ever get fed up talking about my father? He was a brilliant, colorful man who left us with thousands of memories. Most people remember his films, but I've got anecdotes and advice and episodes of real life tucked away inside my head. I'm always amazed that there are more to come out, but one day something triggers something off and a new memory of him emerges, like a ghost."
- "I seem to play a lot of losers."