Joshua Homme filmography and biography
Date of birth: 17 May 1973, Palm Springs, California, USA
Joshua Homme trivia
- Was a member of Kyuss until their break-up; Founder and currently in Queens of the Stone Age
- Has been playing guitar since he was 9 years old
- Has a massive cork collection of over 6,000
- Some of his favorite musicians are The Stooges, Ween, BjÃ¶rk, Johnny Cash (I), and Jimi Hendrix.
- His band, Queens of the Stone Age, has members that have constantly changed over the years expect for him and his bassist 'Nick Oliveri'. "Songs of the Deaf", their most recent album, has three different people singing lead (Josh, Nick, and Mark Lanegan) and David Grohl of The Foo Fighters and Nirvanna on drums.
- Plays drums and goes by the name Carlo Von Sexron in his 'other' band, Eagles of Death Metal.
- Often writes lyrics that seem arbitrary by the way they are written but hold personal meaning to him, so that the song can mean anything to the listener
- In spite of his often fierce music, Homme has gained a reputation as one of the "nice guys" of hard rock (like his friend David Grohl), due the encouraging atmosphere he creates for musicians he collaborates with and his pleasant, self-effacing public persona.
- In 2004, mysteriously fired long-time musical-partner 'Nick Oliveri' from Queens of the Stone Age, making him the sole remaining front man of the constantly changing "group".
- Became engaged to The Distillers front-woman Brody Dalle in January 2005.
- Fired Nick Oliveri in 2004 when he was convinced that Oliveri had been physically abusive to his girlfriend.
- Daughter Camille [b. 17 January 2006] with fiancÃ©e Brody Dalle
- Wife Brody Dalle gave birth to their daughter Camille Homme on January 17, 2006.
Joshua Homme quotes
- "One thing about growing up in the desert was the solitude. You could see someone across the desert and say 'look, someone is coming', and 20 minutes later you would say 'look, they're still coming'."
- If you're trying to do something different, you can't ask someone to help, because they'll want to make it not different.
- "The greatest day I had this year was when I found out that my fiancÃ©e was pregnant. How long have I known? Longer than you. I can't wait."
Joshua Homme filmography
|Cure for Pain: The Mark Sandman Story||2011|
|Reading and Leeds Festival||2009|
|MTV Video Music Awards 2007||2007|
|Likehell: The Movie||2005|
|Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations||2005|
|Video on Trial||2005|
|MTV Europe Music Awards 2003||2003|
|Jimmy Kimmel Live!||2003|
|Friday Night with Jonathan Ross||2001|
|Aqua Teen Hunger Force||2000|
|Late Night with Conan O'Brien||1993|
|Later with Jools Holland||1992|
|Saturday Night Live||1975|