Mark (I) Harmon filmography and biography
Date of birth: 2 September 1951, Burbank, California, USA
Mark (I) Harmon biography
With an athletic father and an actress mother, it is no surprise Harmon played college football and has found success as one of TV's hunkiest actors. While most of his roles have relied on little more than good looks, Harmon was impressive as the suave doctor on St. Elsewhere who contracted AIDS. Son of Tom Harmon (I) and Elyse Knox. Sister Kelly Harmon is the Tic-Tac model. Oldest sister is Kristin Harmon, painter and ex-wife of Ricky Nelson (I). That makes him the uncle of musicians Matthew Nelson (I) and Gunnar Nelson (I) of the band Nelson and the actress Tracy Nelson (I). In 1987 Harmon and his wife, Pam Dawber, sued his sister Kristin Harmon for custody of her youngest son, Sam.
Mark (I) Harmon trivia
- Harmon and Pam Dawber have two children: Sean Harmon (I) born 25 April 1988 and Ty Christian Harmon born 25 June 1992.
- (1986) Chosen as People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive.
- His godfather Forest Evashevski (I) is in the National Football Foundation Hall of Fame.
- Risked his life to save two teenage boys who were involved in a car accident outside of his home. Harmon used a sledge hammer from his garage to break the window out of their car then pulled them free so they wouldn't be burned to death, while his wife Pam Dawber called 911. He made every effort to downplay his role in saving their lives. .
- Graduated cum laude from UCLA, 1974, with degree in communications. Also played quarterback for UCLA Bruins, 1972-73 winning National Football Foundation Award for all-round excellence.
- Worked as a carpenter before he hit it big.
- No relation to Angie Harmon, although both have starred in a series also starring Sasha Alexander (II)..
- Not the grandson of former U.S. Secretary of the Navy William Franklinn (Frank) Knox, since his mother - born Elsie Lillian Kornbrath to Frederick and Elizabeth Kornbrath in Hartford, Connecticut - was not Knox's daughter. This is despite many modern sources suggesting that she is.
- Father, Tom Harmon (I), played for the University of Michigan Wolverines and won the 1940 Heisman Trophy emblematic of the best player in the nation.
- QB of the 1972-1973 UCLA Bruins. Teammate of Randy Gaschler.
Mark (I) Harmon quotes
- I'm in the business to push it. I'm not likely to be attracted to characters I've already done. I have to be almost frightened by the possibility of taking it on. Over the years I realise I must enjoy walking that edge, I keep doing it. It's why I like what I do. The only other job I've ever had that provides that time in the morning where you're going to work and you can't wait to get there and the sun's rising and you're moving toward something you look forward to getting up and doing every day was being a carpenter. And it was because you're doing something different every day.