Kevin Grevioux filmography and biography
Date of birth: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kevin Grevioux biography
Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Kevin Grevioux was born in Chicago,
Illinois and raised in various other states including Alaska, Oklahoma,
Boston and New Jersey. He graduated from Howard University in
Washington, D.C. with a degree in Microbiology, afterwards attending
graduate school and this time working towards a Masters in Genetic
Engineering. While studying, he congruently took screenwriting and
cinematography classes as well, and by the time his first semester of
grad school had finished, Kevin had chosen film as his preferred career
and moved to Los Angeles, where he began to work as a writer in
earnest. To this end he has written several scripts in various genres
and has written and directed two short sci-fi films Indigo and
Kevin met 'Underworld' director Len Wiseman while working on the sci-fi hit Stargate, when Len was a prop assistant and Kevin an extra. The two formed a friendship and later collaborated on a host of other ideas and concepts leading to the completion of two scripts, one of which was Underworld. The idea for the concept was Kevin's; in addition, he wrote the original screenplay and treatment for the film in 2000.
Kevin has also studied acting and has had several small roles in television, film and commercials. Most recently in Planet of the Apes, Charlies Angels, Marvel Comics' The Hulk and in Underworld, playing the formidable Lycan character Raze. He also serves as an Associate Producer on the film and is currently working on several other screenplays as well as his first novel, a science fiction thriller.
Kevin Grevioux trivia
- Graduated from Howard University in Washington, D.C. with a degree in microbiology and minors in both chemistry and psychology. He also studied genetic engineering in grad school.
- Was a research assistant at the National Cancer Institute at the world famous NIH - National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland
- Started a small comic book company called DarkStorm Studios in 2003.
- Is a huge comic book fan (a "Marvel zombie" to be exact) and has a personal collection of almost 10,000 issues.
- Worked as a bouncer in various Washington, D.C. night clubs to support himself through grad school.
- Has a brother, Steve.
- Has written for both Marvel Comics and DC Comics.
- Mentioned in the Ebony Power 150 list as one of the Most Influential Blacks in America for creating the Underworld series of movies. Can be seen in the May 2009 issue of Ebony Magazine.
- Wrote the Underworld: Rise of the Lycans comic books for IDW.
- An avid football fan, his favorite team is the Minnesota Vikings.
- Favorite superheroes are the Hulk, the Fantastic Four and the Mighty Thor.
Kevin Grevioux quotes
- [regarding his Underworld character Raze] Because the way modern movie-making sensibilities are concerned, if you don't have a name, then who are you? We didn't want to make the part too big, because if we did, they'd get a rapper like LL Cool J. He's good, and so is Ice Cube, but I wanted to play this, so we had to knock it down so it would be unattractive to any rapper.
- [when asked what comic books he likes] I'm a Marvel guy. Superman was my favorite at first when I was a young kid. But even as a kid, after seeing him lift a planet one issue, race around the world in a half a second the next, then get beat by the Toy Man the issue after that, I decided his powers were too magical, inconsistent and almost childish even for comic books. So I graduated to Marvel. They were for older kids and adults anyway.
Kevin Grevioux filmography
|The Pale Horsemen||2010|
|Underworld: Rise of the Lycans||2009|
|Funny or Die Presents...||2009|
|Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath||2008|
|Cradle 2 the Grave||2003|
|Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star||2003|
|Men in Black II||2002|
|Planet of the Apes: Rule the Planet||2001|
|Planet of the Apes||2001|
|The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas||2000|
|Alien Nation: The Udara Legacy||1997|
|Don King: Only in America||1997|
|WWF Raw Is War||1997|
|In the House||1995|
|Alien Nation: Dark Horizon||1994|
|Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult||1994|
|Sim City Enhanced CD-ROM||1993|