Tom (I) Arnold filmography and biography
Date of birth: 6 March 1959, Ottumwa, Iowa, USA
Tom (I) Arnold biography
In 1983 Tom Arnold got his first taste of stand-up comedy when he
performed at open microphone nights at the University of Iowa. Tom's
comedy career had its ups and downs over the next several years until
1988, when he entered the Minneapolis Comedy Competition and won first
place. With this victory in hand he decided to move to Los Angeles to
pursue a stand-up comedy career. Once he hit Los Angeles, things
happened fast. That same year he was hired as a staff writer for
Roseanne's TV sitcom Roseanne and began to
appear regularly on the show as "Arnie Thomas". He and Roseanne
were married in 1990, with Arnold converting to Judaism prior to the
marriage. They formed Rapello County Productions to develop projects
The couple's marriage, together with their sometimes outrageous behavior, attracted media attention - and especially that of the tabloids - like a magnet. In 1994 conditions between the two deterioriated and they went through a very public, and acrimonious, diforce. Tom has been married twice since then and is the co-host of Fox Sports Net's talk show The Best Damn Sports Show Period. He also does voiceover work, and provides the voice for the "Oven Mitt" character in the TV commercials for the Arby's restaurant chain.
Tom (I) Arnold trivia
- Nephew of Kay Arnold
- Participated in the Seattle Hockey Challenge in 2005 - he coached one of the teams.
- Earned an Associate's degree from Indian Hills Community College
- Obtained a Bachelor's degree from the University of Iowa
- His third ex-wife, Shelby Roos, is a political consultant.
- On March 6, 2009, he became engaged to Ashley Groussman.
- In August 2008, he broke his scapula in a motorcycle accident on the Pacific Coast Highway.
- He is an ordained minister.
- Attended Ottumwa High School and began doing stand-up comedy when he was 23.
- Son of Linda Kay Graham (nee Collier) and Jack Arnold. Has six siblings: Lori, Johnny, Scott, Chris, Marla and Mark.
- Lives in Beverly Hills, California.
Tom (I) Arnold quotes
- The nature of show business is people within the business feel that if someone else fails, they move up a notch