Stephen Armourae filmography and biography
Date of birth: 7 July 1977, London, England, UK
Stephen Armourae trivia
- Is ambidextrous.
- Plays violin, cello, piano, pipe organ, trumpet, melodica, guitars, recorders, percussion and the oboe. Also sings bass baritone in opera.
- Used to do scuba diving and fencing: favorite sword: Ã©pÃ©e. Likes the fencing sabre for its "swagger and fun".
- Finds early hours of the morning in spring and summer the most inspirational for creative and art work.
- Has been involved in academic research in the psychic field, in anomalistic psychology and is preparing a new series of research. Research includes hypnosis with innovations on the Soviet psychologist Raikov's work. His tarot readings have sometimes been accurate.
- Studied electronics, chemistry, pharmaceuticals at university. Was already working as an actor and designer when he returned to drama training with design and studying broadcasting and film.
- He has been working on & off in theatre for a few years now as a designer, actor, director, technician and writer; including the Royal Opera House back in 2000. Something unusual he's been doing for the last year is the Meditation and ESP research project at Goldsmith's College, University of London. Headed by the skeptic of parapsychology Prof. Chris French (I), his PhD students have been conducting investigations in to this field. Steve was interviewed and tested as part of the trials. In combination with his previous work and experiences with psychic matters, which have been confirmed by others, including actors he was acting with in stage productions, he became part of the test subjects. Subsequently, the interest in the research project lead to Steve being nominated to continue the meditation and research group when the project was completed.
- Often works as a lighting designer.
- Studied art at Woolwich College.
- Appears in the 2008 and movie Inkheart as a 'Medieval Lord' in the scene with the white horse.
- Play and screenwriter including a version of 'Faust'. Style of writing is influenced by the theaters of the absurd, cruelty and catastrophe.
- Armourae is also a Foley Artist and writes music for film.
- Plays the harp.
- Studied for the Cambridge University Certificate in Theology.
- Read chemistry at the University of London.
- Another one of his degrees was in electronics, physics and pharmaceuticals at the University of Greenwich.
- Studied acting and design at Goldsmiths College, and acting at Rose Bruford Drama School. Others who were at Rose Bruford are Gary Oldman, Tom Baker, Greg Hicks and Freddy Jones.
- Studied chemistry and physics at the University of London.
- Screen tested by Hammer to be the new Dracula before film changed direction in production.
- Occassionally works as an artist and portrait painter.
- Amongst design training he trained on metal, ceramic and resin casting.
- Has some knowledge of Laban notation and choreography.
- Sometimes is a writer, reviewer and has been an NUJ journalist.
- Classical music presenter on Sydenham Community radio.
Stephen Armourae quotes
- "I AM renaissance man - Leonardo eat your heart out, baby!"
Stephen Armourae filmography
|Clash of the Titans||2010|
|The Legend of Dick & Dom||2009|
|The Third Testament: The Antichrist and the Harlot||2009|
|The Dark Knight||2008|
|Are You Ready for Love?||2006|