John (I) Glover filmography and biography
Date of birth: 7 August 1944, Salisbury, Maryland, USA
John (I) Glover trivia
- Graduated from Towson State Teacher's College (now Towson University). Recently received an honorary Master's degree.
- Has been in three separate productions associated with DC comics. First as the Riddler in Batman, Dr. Jason Woodrue in Batman amp; Robin, then as Lionel Luthor in Smallville.
- Studied acting with Milton Katselas at the Beverly Hills Playhouse.
- Visits his Alma Mater Towson University in Maryland regularly to work with drama students in the Fine Arts College.
- Won Broadway's 1995 Tony Award as Best Actor (Featured Role - Play) for the dual roles of John Jeckyll and James Jeckyll in Terence McNally (I)'s "Love! Valour! Compassion!", parts he recreated in the film version of the same title, Love! Valour! Compassion!.
- Since the mid-1990s, his companion has been the sculptor Adam Kurtzman.
- For his role as an assassin in NBC's Grass Roots (1992) (TV) he spent four hours daily in the make-up chair.
- For three college summers, he worked at a small theater in southwestern Virginia.
- He splits time between Los Angeles and Vancouver, British Columbia, where the WB series Smallville films.
- Nominated for at 2009 Tony Award for Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Play for playing Lucky in "Waiting for Godot" by Samuel Beckett at Studio 54.
- Nominated for the 2009 Tony Award for Best Performance for a Featured Actor in a Play for "Waiting for Godot".
- Left Handed.
John (I) Glover quotes
- "I would like to be able to be both a film actor and a stage actor - to be an American actor in the style of a lot the English actors who do films. They are these wonderful actors who can do everything."
- I had a big part of my life in the theater in Philadelphia. Philadelphia's changed, but I love it.