Dave (I) Foley filmography and biography
Date of birth: 4 January 1963, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dave (I) Foley biography
Dave Foley dropped out of an alternative high school to do stand-up comedy. He met Kevin McDonald (I) at an improv class and, while employed as movie ushers, they began working as a comedy team. In 1984 they merged with another team to form "The Kids in the Hall". Foley made his film debut at 22 as the lead in the Canadian film High Stakes.
Dave (I) Foley trivia
- Much of his character on NewsRadio was based on Foley's own personality. Most notably, his coffee addiction (He reportedly has several pots a day) and his love of the sitcom Green Acres.
- Both his sons with former wife Southey have their mother's surname.
- Is the youngest member of the The Kids in the Hall troupe.
- Wife Crissy gave birth to daughter Alina Chiara Foley on April 16th, 2003.
- Introduction to comedy came when he wrote stand-up comedy material for a creative writing class.
- Met his first wife,Tabitha, in a bar when she was 17 and he was 20. Tabitha was on a date with one of Dave's friends at the time. She and Dave started arguing about whether the lead singer of Psychadelic Furs was a good singer.
- Son Basil Patrick Southey born 1995.
- Son Edmund "Ned" Southey born 1991.
- Has been best friends with Kevin McDonald (I), Mark McKinney (I) , Bruce McCulloch, and Scott Thompson (I) since he was 19 years old.
- Enjoys Poker
- Father of Alina Foley.
Dave (I) Foley quotes
- "Nothing really happens fast. Everything happens at such a rate that by the time it happens, it all seems normal."