Larry (I) Drake filmography and biography
Date of birth: 21 February 1950, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Larry (I) Drake trivia
- Graduate of the University of Oklahoma.
- Won two consecutive Emmy awards (1988, 1989) for his touching portrayal of Benny, the mentally-impaired office worker on L.A. Law.
- Had originally studied to become a teacher.
- In addition to acting, Drake has a passion for classic cinema and also enjoys big band music and reading.
- The son of Lorraine, a homemaker, and Raymond Drake, a drafting engineer for an oil company.
- Engaged to model and horror writer Marina Drujko in 2009.
Larry (I) Drake quotes
- "People were always coming up to me and treating me like I was slow. I would have to tell them 'I'm not really retarded, the character I play on TV is retarded.' It was actually pretty flattering because it showed that these people thought my acting was really that convincing."
- Actors should be allowed to play anything any producer asks them to do.
- There will always be those people who want to put me in a nice, neat pigeonhole. I think people have to start realizing that what I do is act. What I don't do is create an image and live by its rules or expectations.
- Evil characters are usually more memorable to audiences because you don't see them every day. What you do see are people trying to get by and be socially acceptable and follow most rules. I mean, nobody slows down on the freeway when things are going well. They slow down when there's an accident, to see if they can see some blood. Nobody reports good stuff on the news, they report bad stuff. The bad news is more distinctive, it shocks us.