Evan Lee Dahl filmography and biography
Date of birth: 24 June 1988, Westminster, California, USA
Evan Lee Dahl biography
Evan Lee Dahl was born on the 24th of June 1988 in Westminster,
California. When Evan was four years old, he and his mother moved to
the Inland Empire. For fun they would participate in community theaters
throughout. Evan had been crewing the shows and decided one day to try
the other side of the curtain. Evan did back to back shows. He
dedicated himself to training and received an acting scholarship. His
ability to portray diverse characters in both comedy and drama makes
him very versatile. When not on TV or cinema, the actor continues
entertaining on stage appearing in both theater plays or doing stand-up
comedy. This notable young actor is a member of the Actors Equity
Association (AEA), the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), and the American
Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA).
Though young, Evan Lee Dahl has been in the entertainment industry for
nearly a decade. Beginning his career on stage, Evan continued to study
under noted teachers such as Kevin McDermott and John Kirby. With
training from the Second City, he has performed improv shows throughout
LA and stand-up comedy at major venues LA Improv and the Pasadena Ice
Though mostly appearing in front of the camera through his youth, Evan is ramping up to work behind the camera, currently writing his third feature as he continues to pursue his degree in Film, minoring in foreign language. He is fluent in German and learning Vietnamese.
In his spare time, he enjoys swing, tap, and salsa dancing.
Evan Lee Dahl trivia
- Son of makeup artist Linda Dahl (II).
- He played the part of Young Tom Arnold in Tom Arnold's on-air Bachelor Party Roast on "The Best Damn Sports Show Period".
- He performed a variety show parody in the filmed portion of the "2003 Teen Choice Awards".
- Performed stand-up on Young Comedians Night at the Orange County Comedy Festival in 2003.
- He is sometimes credited as Gaki Schluppenheimer.
- Recipient of the Christopher Pettiet Acting Scholarship.
- He is a member of the Actors Equity Association (AEA), the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA).
- CARE Award Recipient (2005)
- He won 1st Place in a Beauty Pageant when he was 2 years old.
- He was a Presenter for the 27th Annual Young Artist Awards (2006).
- CARE Award Recipient (2006).
- He was mistaken for Kyle Sullivan in the filmed portion of the "2003 Teen Choice Awards".
- He played the part of Young John Kruk in a "flashback" on "The Best Damn Sports Show Period" in 2001.
- Took Film and Theater Arts courses in College when he was 14 years old.
- Had jokes published in Judy Brown's comedy books along with the likes of Robin Williams, Jay Leno, Jon Stewart, Bob Hope, and Jerry Seinfeld.
- He won a Young Artist Award in 2006 "Best Performance in a Short Film - Leading Young Actor" for the role of Christopher Brennan in Christopher Brennan Saves the World.
- Registered with the WGA (September 2006)
- Network tested for the part of George-Michael Bluth in Arrested Development.
- Casting directors nicknamed him "briefcase boy" (2002).
- He was a Presenter for the 28th Annual Young Artist Awards (2007).
- Made Semi-Finalist in the 'WriteMovies.com International Writing Competition' (2007).
- Member of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society.
- Is an avid swing, salsa, and tap dancer.
- Is fluent in German and Vietnamese.
- Member of the Alpha Gamma Sigma Honor Society.
- He was a Presenter for the 30th Annual Young Artist Awards (2009).
Evan Lee Dahl filmography
|11 Minutes Ago||2007|
|Christopher Brennan Saves the World||2006|
|The Teen Choice Awards 2003||2003|
|Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star||2003|
|What I Like About You||2002|
|The Andy Dick Show||2001|
|The Best Damn Sports Show Period||2001|
|Malcolm in the Middle||2000|