Jon Cryer filmography and biography
Date of birth: 16 April 1965, New York City, New York, USA
Jon Cryer trivia
- His first child with his wife Sarah Trigger, a son Charlie Austin, was born on 27 June 2000 in Los Angeles.
- Graduate of The Bronx High School of Science (a.k.a. Bronx Science), class of 1983.
- Son of David Cryer (I) and Gretchen Cryer, Broadway actors.
- He was asked to audition for the role of Chandler Bing on Friends, while he was doing a play in London. His reading was videotaped by a British casting agent but the tape failed to arrive in the U.S. before the network had made its final decision.
- Friend of Paget Brewster.
- He and his Two and a Half Men co-star Charlie Sheen (I) also starred together in Hot Shots!
- Revealed his engagement to TV reporter Lisa Joyner on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Jan. 23, 2007.
- Has one sister, Robin.
- Attended Stagedoor Manor Theatre Camp.
- Once an usher at the Equity Library Theater, where he was often mistaken for actor Matthew Broderick (I).
- Assumed temporary custody of his son, Charlie, after Charlie's mother, Sarah Trigger, was arrested in May 2009 on felony neglect charges. Charlie's two-year-old stepbrother was found with rope and cord marks around his neck.
- Daughter, Daisy, born 11 August 2009; adopted by Jon and Lisa shortly after.
- Went to Junior High School 104 in New York City, with fellow actors Robert Downey Jr., Erica Gimpel (II), and Kadeem Hardison.
- (Janaury 2010) Received death threats via telephone while shooting Two and a Half Men.
Jon Cryer quotes
- "On the stage you develop a character that's different from yourself. In a film they're always saying, 'Walk over here. Say this line. Be you.' " (on the difference between acting on stage and acting in movies)