Arnaud Collery filmography and biography
Date of birth: 27 January 1976, Reims, Marne, France
Arnaud Collery biography
Arnaud was born in Reims, France and moved to Paris at the age of five. He was international-minded from the start and left for Georgia, USA at the age of 16 as a high school exchange student for a year; and at 19, Arnaud spent a year in Tokyo, becoming fluent in Japanese. Arnaud worked a variety of business jobs in both France and Japan during his youth and earned a Bachelor's in Finance from the 'Esgf' and a certificate degree in International Law from the American University of Paris. After starting a junior investment club with Credit Lyonnais early in his career, Arnuad worked in the arbitrage department of Finacor, a leading European brokerage firm. He later did stints in Investment banking in Gibraltar, New York City and Tokyo where he worked in financial advisory on offshore funds at Ross Alexander. As part of France's military duty, Arnaud was an officer (lieutenant) and worked for the military intelligence school 'Eirel' in Strasbourg. He soon after became an aide to judge Jean Pierre, a European Congressman and leading personality in Europe on the subject of international financial crime. In 2004 he started acting in film and TV in France, Japan and the USA. In 2005 he started stand-up comedy as a challenge for himself, which grew to become an interest and passion. Since then he wrote and directed more than 30 shows in comedy, short film, theater, stand-up, and improvisation interviews on the streets of Los Angeles. After a year in Hollywood, Arnaud launched Zoraida Pictures to promote his personal projects for both film and theater. Throughout the years of documenting his sketches and stand-up acts, he developed the film 'Frenchie Goes To Hollywood," depicting his achievements and harsh times making it in Hollywood. It premiered at the Monaco Film Festival in France. Arnaud is just a comedian who happens to love acting and directing. He is happy to have sacrificed everything he had to become an artist. Finding the funny in everything is his passion.
Arnaud Collery trivia
- Holds a BS in finance, worked in finance for many years.
- Hosted, produced a TV show for Canal +/ Itelevision on positive thinking.
- Since 2004 has been doing stand up comedy. Only French man in Los Angeles to do so.
- Spent one year as a military officer at the French Intelligence Headquarters in Strasbourg
- Worked in Politics under Thierry Jean Pierre, a EU Congressman
- Spent three years in Japan. Worked for the jewel maker Cartier. Fluent in Japanese.
- January 2007: trained intensively in Boxing with former national Morocco Boxing Champion in Essaouira, Morocco.
- His grandparents were "auvergnats" and own a coffee house in the poor suburbs of Paris.
- When Arnaud was 16, his dad got bankrupt. Everything changed. No more big family reunion, no more of anything. His dad started a new career as a sex therapist a few years ago and Arnaud's two younger sisters also became artists (painter and filmmaker).
- April-December 08, Arnaud obtained a fellowship by the EU government and the Chinese Government as "one of the up and coming movie producer in Europe" and as such was given the chance to participate in METP program in Beijing, learning Chinese and Chinese culture intensively. Arnaud has been doing since Stand up comedy, filming and comedy in China since.
- Favorite films are Wall Street, Ben Hur, Slumdog Millionaire, The great escape, Le Magnifique, Trade, The Thomas Crown Affair (Steve McQueen), Borat, The party (Peter Sellers), La chevre, Don Camillo, Rocky, Little Miss Sunshine and the following documentaries Startup.com, Gray Garden, Unknown while male, The great happiness, Touching the void,.
- (2009) Training for the LA marathon in March 2010.
Arnaud Collery filmography
|The Dream of Alvareen||2009|
|West Hollywood La Serie||2008|
|Battle of the Hollywood Hotties||2008|
|Frenchie Goes to Hollywood||2007|
|Rush Hour 3||2007|
|3 Wise Women||2005|
|Les anges malicieux||2004|
|Last Comic Standing||2003|