Jeremy Clarkson filmography and biography
Date of birth: 11 April 1960, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England, UK
Jeremy Clarkson trivia
- Motoring enthusiast and television presenter.
- He is a fan of the rock band Curved Air.
- Notorious for his reactionary, outspoken opinions.
- Was hit in the face with a pie by a protester whilst collecting his honorary degree for services to engineering from Oxford Brookes University
- Sold his Ferrari 355 Spyder to purchase a Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG (which he loves). Also, purchased one of only twenty eight 2005 Ford GTs imported to England (with which he has had an innumerable amount of problems, but still loves).
- Sold his Mercedes SL55 AMG and has subsequently purchased an SLK55 AMG.
- Currently lives in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, England, UK.
- Three children- Emily, Finlo and Katya
- Has placed an order for a Lamborghini Gallardo Roadster.
- Owns the lighthouse cottages at the South end of Langness Peninsula in Derbyhaven, Isle Of Man.
- Because of his personal disdain for diesel-fueled cars, he refers to them as "Diseasel".
Jeremy Clarkson quotes
- Smokers pay Â£19,000 a minute to the Exchequer, and that's enough to pay for the whole police force. Or to put it another way, for every Â£1 we cost the National Health Service, we give it Â£3.60. Please don't encourage the state to dictate how I live my life.
- "Only last week I was at my children's sports day and as I lay in the long grass by the river drinking pink champagne and chatting with other media parents, I remember thinking, 'God, I love being middle class'." (Sunday Times 24 July 2005)
- "Good Shot!" (In reaction to being hit in the face by a pie by a protester at his Honorary Degree ceremony)
- The only person who ever looked good in the back of a four-seater convertible is Adolf Hitler.
- We all know that small cars are good for us. But so is cod liver oil. And jogging. I want to drive around in a Terminator, not the heroine in an EM Forster novel.
- Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed. I do, and it helps.
- Sure it's quiet, for a diesel. But that's like being well-behaved... for a murderer.
- We only need look at Baroness Thatcher (Margaret Thatcher) to know what women can be like when they want to get in front.
- The problem is that television executives have got it into their heads that if one presenter on a show is a blonde-haired, blue-eyed heterosexual boy, the other must be a black Muslim lesbian. Chalk and cheese, they reckon, works. But here we have Top Gear setting new records after six years using cheese and cheese. It confuses them.
- I read in the papers how much I'm earning and fall about laughing because I'm sure it's not that much, otherwise I'd have an enormous boat. I'm literally not the slightest bit interested in money. I just don't pay any attention to money, it's rather vulgar.