John Cho filmography and biography
Date of birth: 16 June 1972, Seoul, South Korea
John Cho trivia
- Lead singer of the Los Angeles-based band Left of Zed, which has recently been renamed Viva La Union.
- John was raised in Los Angeles.
- Graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with a degree in English-language literature.
- Has worked with actor Eddie Kaye Thomas on six different occasions. They both appeared in the movies American Pie, American Pie 2, American Wedding, Harold amp; Kumar Go to White Castle, and Harold amp; Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay. They also co-starred together in the WB's short-lived sitcom Off Centre.
- Along with Alex Kalognomos and Eva Mendes, he attended Herbert Hoover High School.
- Cho immigrated to Los Angeles in 1978, when he was just six years old.
- His father is a reverend.
- John announced that his wife Kerri and he are expecting their first child, a boy. [April 2008].
- Has worked on nine projects that have been either directed or produced by Chris Weitz and Paul Weitz.
- In April 2009, along with several of the cast and crew, he visited Camp Arijan in Kuwait to show Star Trek to a group of US service members.
John Cho quotes
- "With music I get to feel real ownership with what I do. I write it, I perform it and even if it is crap, it is mine. With acting, you are a small part of the creative process, and sometimes it is hard to feel like you are making an impact."
- "It's difficult having to hustle for jobs. Not knowing when the next job is coming in. It's hard. There are not enough roles out there. I try not to get wrapped up in it or I'll get depressed." - on being an Asian American actor