Kari Wuhrer filmography and biography
Date of birth: 28 April 1967, Brookfield, Connecticut, USA
Kari Wuhrer biography
Kari Samantha Wuhrer was born on April 28, 1967, in Brookfield, Connecticut, the daughter of Karin, a payroll officer and Andrew, a former police officer and car salesman. Kari has three siblings. Kari studied acting at age 13, and headed to New York City to do rounds of auditions. She was signed to the Ford's Model Talent Division and appeared in several commercials, most notably Clairol, as well as performing in theater productions. After a role in the film Fire with Fire, she landed a job on MTV as a VJ and was a co-host of the show Remote Control. Wuhrer snuck out of her family home as a teenager to sing in nightclubs; she was the youngest member of the band Freudian Slip. She studied drama at NYU and at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London, England, with famed teacher Uta Hagen. Her biggest career break came when she was cast to play Maggie Beckett on the sci-fi series Sliders from 1997 to 2000. She was signed to a record deal by American Recordings impresario Rick Rubin, which eventually appeared on the small Del-Fi label; her debut album, "Shiny," produced the successful single "There's a Drug."
Kari Wuhrer trivia
- She is a former MTV VJ
- Had her tattoos removed. These were a peacock feather on her shoulder and her ex-husband's name on her ankle.
- Her favorite hobby is pottery.
- Has 3 cats: Gato, Monkey, and Houdini.
- Acting Training: New York University's Tisch School of the Arts, Marymount Manhattan College, Columbia University, the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (London), and the Wooster School of Dramatic Arts.
- Plays the guitar and the flute.
- (2002) Has had her breast implants removed.
- (2001) Voted #73 in FHM's 100 sexiest women poll
- (1999) Voted #36 in Maxim magazines 50 sexiest woman countdown
- (2003) Engaged to film producer James Scura (I).
- Released an album titled 'Shiny' in 1999.
- (Jan 2004) Her first child, a boy named Enzo, was born.
- Grew up in Connecticut and now resides in Hollywood, California, with her husband and son.
- Is of Cherokee and of German descent.
- Was signed to a Ford Agency contract.
- Daughter, Evangeline Lotus, born 27 March 2006, weighing 8 lbs. 10 oz.
- Ranked #3 on Maxim's "Hottest Women of Horror Movies" list.
- Third child, Echo Luna, born 8 September 2008.
Kari Wuhrer quotes
- "My body is my greatest asset."
- "I'm the queen of the independent video!"
- "It's either a freeing experience thing for me or it's some kind of insecurity thing where I really love my body and I honestly do think it's my biggest asset."
- "To allow people in the world to see me as I truly believe I see myself. I wanna create a character that's really memorable...like Julia Roberts (I) did in Pretty Woman. I haven't gotten to the essence of me...I have to be able to give up these insecurities".