Pink (I) filmography and biography
Date of birth: 8 September 1979, Doylestown, Pennsylvania, USA
Pink (I) biography
Alecia "Pink" Moore was born in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, and later raised in Philadelphia. Her parents, James and Judy Moore, divorced when she was very young. As a child, all Pink wanted out of life was to become a singer, and she was driven by the music of Madonna, Mary J. Blige, 4 Non Blondes, Janis Joplin, Billy Joel and Whitney Houston. Pink was a very unique teenager, and went through phases as a skateboarder, hip-hopper and gymnast. She spent several years as part of the club scene in Philadelphia, singing guest spots and performing for talent shows. At the age of 13 she was asked by a local DJ to sing back-up for his rap group, Schools Of Thought. A short time later she was discovered by a record executive and joined a female R&B group. When that didn't work out, she signed with LaFace Records and began her solo career. In spring 2000 she released her debut, "Can't Take Me Home". She co-wrote many songs and watched it go multi-platinum by the year's end. Her debut included the Top 10 hit "There You Go", which was certified a gold single.
Pink (I) trivia
- American singer-songwriter.
- Grew up in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
- Her hit song "There You Go" was dubbed the "I Will Survive" for the new millennium by Teen People magazine.
- Remade the Patti LaBelle classic "Lady Marmalade" along with Mya (I), 'Kimberly 'Lil' Kim Jones and Christina Aguilera for the Moulin Rouge! soundtrack.
- Claims her name derives from the movie Reservoir Dogs. while seeing the movie with friends, they all agreed that she resembled the character Mr. Pink, played by Steve Buscemi. They thought the name to be a great irony, as she was a tomboy.
- Was the lead singer of the rock band Middleground before getting a record deal.
- Attended Central Bucks West High, class of 1997.
- Sometimes writes her name: P!nk
- Her father is a Vietnam veteran.
- Met her boyfriend, motocross superstar Carey Hart (III), at the 2001 X Games in Philadelphia.
- She's a big supporter of the animal-rights organization PETA.
- Dated Tommy Lee (VI).
- She was voted one of Choice USA's "Top 30 Under 30" activists for reproductive freedom in 2004.
- Her favorite colors are green and pink.
- Her natural hair color is blonde
- Ranked #36 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
- Is good friends with Avril Lavigne and Lisa Marie Presley.
- Engaged to Carey Hart (III) on June 26, 2005. They got married January 7, 2006.
- She has a brother named Jason Moore.
- Parodied Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Mary-Kate Olsen, Jessica Simpson (I), Hilary Duff, Nicole Richie and several other Hollywood celebrities on the music video for her single "Stupid Girls", in which she deplored the lack of good role models for girls (February 2006).
- Follows a strict vegan lifestyle.
- Dislikes horror movies.
- Her first concert took place in Orlando, Florida.
- Ranked #57 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
- Announced that she and Carey Hart (III) had separated, but remained good friends (19 February 2008).
- Born to James Moore, a Vietnam veteran, and his then wife Judy Kugel, a nurse.
- Is of Irish, German and Lithuanian descent from her father's side.
- Being a passionate campaigner for PETA, she once sent a letter to Prince William Windsor criticizing him for fox hunting and to Queen Elizabeth II protesting the use of real fur in bearskins of the Honourable Artillery Company and the Foot Guards.
- Has won two Grammy Awards for "Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals" in 2002 ("Lady Marmalade") and "Best Female Rock Performance" in 2004 ("Trouble").
- As of 2008, she has released four albums including "M!ssundaztood" (2001), which sold 13 million copies worldwide.
- Once rented a yacht on the Mediterranean Sea; between seasickness and breaking a rib while diving, she described it later as "the stupidest, most expensive thing I've ever done".
- (April 2009) Got back together with Carey Hart (III) and they renewed their wedding vows with a ceremony at their California in May 2009.
- Brought her mother a copy of the lyrics to her song "Family Portrait", which told how she felt about her parents breaking up, before the record was released. Her mother was deeply upset by the lyrics at first, but it led to a heart-to-heart talk between the two, that changed their relationship for the better.
- Dropped out of high school, but went back later and got a GED.
Pink (I) quotes
- My dad raised me with some good advice: "Always tell the truth. Always shoot from the hip. You might not have many friends, but you'll never have enemies, because people will always know where you're coming from."
- I'm about to make people forget about Madonna.
- I decided at 15 that I didn't want to be one of those artists that gets up and sings love songs they don't mean. I decided that I was going to be me to the fullest extent, that my songs were going to reflect relationships I've had, things I've been through, and even the stuff I'm embarrassed about.
- When I was in seventh grade my mom caught me smoking cigarettes and punished me by making me smoke the entire carton. All it did was piss me off because I was out of cigarettes.
- I appreciate being a girl more now than ever. There's a struggle involved in it, but it's so rewarding when you prove to all men that you might have something up on 'em.
- I have to speak for myself. As far as videos go--casting, the artwork, everything--I'm completely hands-on. You have to be if you want your points across.
- I've always loved to prove people wrong. I want to be able to cross color lines, because in music, there really is no barrier.
- I would win on Survivor as long as I didn't have to eat bugs.
- It takes a lot of people years to turn a negative into a positive. It takes me, like, an album.
- There's not a lot of people out there that are as honest as I am.
- Just read that I'm bisexual. So 1991. Good thing people write articles about me so I can get my facts straight. Can't wait for the day when people stop talking about sexual preference or that a woman is a CEO and actually start making the world liveable.