Grace (I) Park filmography and biography
Date of birth: 14 March 1974, Los Angeles, California, USA
Grace (I) Park trivia
- Started out as a model.
- Loves extreme sports and travelling.
- Speaks English and Korean in the family home, knows a little French (being raised and educated in Canada).
- After graduating from college, wanted to try acting for only a year, but ended up getting a teen show called Edgemont right away.
- Born in Los Angeles, but moved to Canada at 22 months. Considers herself a Canadian native, but always a Korean first.
- Named #81 on the Maxim magazine "Hot 100 of 2005" list.
- Made #93 Maxim "Hot 100" list of 2006
- She ranked #60 on "Maxim's Hot 100 of 2010".
Grace (I) Park quotes
- You know what, I'm going make a movie one day and make like 25 million dollars.
- [on Battlestar Galactica] Whatever you want to see or whatever you're struggling with in life, you can see there, whether it be politics or terrorism or war, hope, faith, struggle, love. It's all in there. Or if you just want plain action and neck-snapping plot twists, you've got that, too.
- [on what's next for her character Sharon on Battlestar Galactica] It's funny because I was on the plane with [producer Ronald D. Moore] on the way here, and I was like, "What do you see for my character?" And he was kind of lost, and I was like, "It's kind of funny because I'm sort of lost. I was sort of looking at my character to maybe give me some ideas." And he's like, "So the responsibility lies on me to help shape your life?" I'm like, "Yeah, pretty much!" Then he's like, "Well, I was drawing on the actress". And I'm like, "Oh, so you're looking to me to provide you with a storyline?"
- [on playing two characters on Battlestar Galactica] There was a lot of pressure that I felt, especially since the second episode was very heavy on the two characters right away. And I remember the director was reiterating some of the points of the show. And I was sitting there thinking, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, but why are you saying these things?" Because they're obvious points. Then I realized in that moment she was making sure that she had the points right, and then I knew the safety net was gone. And then I thought that was very scary at that point.
- [on fanfiction] I get really confused. I didn't know what that really was. I was like, "I don't remember reading this script anywhere!"
- [on fan art] I just saw a montage that they put together to music, and it was the whole Tyrol and Boomer storyline. And it was all these clips that they put together, and someone sent it to me for my interest. And I watched the thing, and by the end, I was all moved. I was like, "I want them to be together!" [laughs] "They're so great!" Then I was like, "But if I think about it, that was doomed."