Mila Kunis filmography and biography
Date of birth: 14 August 1983, Kiev, USSR [now Ukraine]
Mila Kunis trivia
- Mila and her family moved from Ukraine to LA when she was 7. Her father, Mark, is a mechanical engineer. Her mother, Elvira, is a physics teacher. Brother Mike is a biochemist.
- Met her manager at the Beverly Hills Studios (an after-school acting class). Her father enrolled her there when she was nine.
- Missed her senior prom due to a scheduling conflict.
- Auditioned for That 70s Show at age 14. Though actors had to be at least 18 to get the part, she truthfully claimed she would be 18 on her birthday, not specifying which birthday, and won the role.
- Terrified of bugs so much that during her May 2004 appearance on Late Night with Conan OBrien, she ran offstage when the "bug man" appeared after her interview.
- Ranked #54 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women In The World" (2002).
- She and Laura Prepon are often filmed sitting down for their scenes on That 70s Show due to the fact that Laura is seven inches taller than Mila. In other scenes, Mila wears platform shoes to give her four extra inches.
- She is a fan of hard rock/metal band Aerosmith.
- At age nine, Mila started to take after-school acting classes at the Beverly Hills Studio. At one of the Studio's public showcases, Mila was approached by entertainment manager Susan Curtis (III), who offered to take her on.
- Mila's best friend was Maria Osadchy when she was younger, an Aries whom she met in 2nd grade. Maria is Russian and helped Mila learn English. In an interview, Mila had Maria with her and talked about how they spent the night together on the weekends.
- In 2006, ranked #47 of Maxim's Magazine Sexiest Women.
- Has two different eye colors: one blue, one green. Laura Prepon, her co-star on That 70s Show, called her a "husky", since she has two different eye colors.
- Favorite movie is Dirty Dancing.
- Favorite TV show is 8 Simple Rules... for Dating My Teenage Daughter.
- The shark-tooth necklace she is wearing in Forgetting Sarah Marshall is by Pade Vavra Designs.
- Is a fan of the famed MMORPG, World of Warcraft.
- Ranked #81 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Learned how to use a gun while filming Max Payne.
- The nude pictures of her in Forgetting Sarah Marshall were not real, according to the films director Nicholas Stoller.
- Graduated from Fairfax Senior High School in June 2001, with Fernanda Romero (II).
- Auditioned for a role in Knocked Up.
- In a relationship with Macaulay Culkin since May 2002.
- She and actress Sarah Michelle Gellar have a special credit in every episode of Robot Chicken.
- Mila and Macaulay Culkin were on vacation in Israel in 2006 when a war broke out between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon. They flew out of the country and back to the U.S.; Mila later stated that they were never in any danger from rocket fire.
- Her favorite color is white.
- On the television show Loveline, she mentioned that when she was younger, she had serious migraines that were caused by an eye condition. She had to insert steroid injections straight into her eye.
- Her name is pronounced ME-luh koon-is.
- Was ranked #5 for the 2009 Maxim Hot 100.
- Close friends with Natalie Portman.
- Was ranked #22 on Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2010 list.
Mila Kunis quotes
- Blondes definitely do not have more fun. Trust me.
- [On her That 70s Show character, Jackie, switching boyfriends from Kelso to Hyde]: "I think her relationship with Steven has taught her to be less selfish".
- [Denying false reports of marriage]: I've been engaged. I think I've already been married. And I'm sure I have a child somewhere. I'm waiting to have something else happen. No, I'm not married. And no, I'm not engaged. And no, I do not have a child. No one seems to listen. And next week I'll be engaged again. I think, at one point, they were like, 'Seen shopping in Beverly Hills for engagement rings.' We were in Japan working. What is wrong with these people? Half the time you can say they misconstrued facts. But, more often than not, they just make stuff up.
- Well I was in Russia. I wasn't allowed to be religious. My whole family was in the holocaust. My grandparents passed and not many survived. After the holocaust in Russia you were not allowed to be religious. So my parents raised me to know I was Jewish. You know who you are inside. You don't need to tell the whole world. You believe what you believe and that's what's important. And that's how I was raised. My family was like 'you are Jewish in your blood'. We can celebrate Yom Kippur and Hannukah but not by the book. We do it to our own extent. Because being in Russia...Bar Mitzvahs weren't held. When I was in school you would still see anti-Semitic signs. One of my friends who grew up in Russia, she was in second grade. And she came home one day crying. Her mother asked why she was crying and she said on the back of her seat there was a swastika. Now this is a country that obviously does not want you. So my parents raised me Jewish as much as they could and came to America. I love my religion. I think it's a beautiful religion but I took parts of it that I want for myself. I don't need to go to temple. I will, but I don't need to.