Kristin Kreuk filmography and biography
Date of birth: 30 December 1982, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Kristin Kreuk biography
Kristin Kreuk was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. She
attended and graduated from Eric Hamber High School. Although she did
some stage work in school, she focused more on her studies. She
described herself as shy and boring.
For her first professional work, she went to an open casting audition for Edgemont, a teen-drama series aired on CBC television in Canada. She plays the role of Laurel Yeung. Laurel was the last main character to be cast because the casting director was having a problem finding an actress. Fortunately for them (and us), they found Kristin just in time.
Her career was set to take off when she landed on the highly acclaimed WB television series, Smallville. It follows the story of Clark Kent in his pre-Superman days in a small town of Smallville, Kansas. Kristin played the role of Lana Lang, Clark Kent's object of desire before he meets Lois Lane.
Smallville proved to be a giant step for Kristin's acting career, as she landed several interviews with several magazines, including YM (Young and Modern) and Rolling Stone. She also did a commercial for Neutrogena, popular for its skin care products.
Kristin Kreuk trivia
- Attended Eric Hamber High School.
- Was initally planning to go to university for psychology or environmental studies.
- Was the last member to be cast for Edgemont. The Edgemont casting director sent a fax to all the high schools in British Columbia for an "exotic" looking girl to play the part of Laurel.
- (June 2002) Voted in at #10 in FHM's 100 Sexiest Girls of 2002 poll, U.K. edition.
- (June 2002) Came in at #71 in FHM's Sexiest Girls of 2002 poll, American edition.
- Voted #24 in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women list .
- Had never worked professionally as an actress before Edgemont (but had done stage work).
- Is the latest Neutrogena model, following in Jennifer Love Hewitt and Mandy Moore (II)'s footsteps.
- Femme Fatales (January/February 2005). She is #1 on their 50 Sexiest Women of the Year list.
- Named #67 on the Maxim magazine "Hot 100 of 2005" list.
- #18 on askmen.com's Top 99 Most Desirable Women in 2005
- Her younger sister's name is Justine. Her father, Peter Kreuk, is of Dutch ancestry and her mother, Deanna Che, is of Chinese ancestry but born in Indonesia; both are landscape architects.
- Growing up she did gymnastics, swimming, martial arts, and theater (in high school).
- Has a purple belt in karate.
- Her favorite shows are Friends, Third Watch, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and ER.
- Admires Cate Blanchett and Jodie Foster.
- Named #28 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Her surname "kreuk" is Dutch for a "wrinkle" or "fold" in a material (textiles in particular).
- Named #46 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- Proud member of Greenpeace, Red Cross and UNICEF.
- Her favourite bands\artists are: Jeff Buckley, Miles Davis, Tribe called quest, Coldplay and Radiohead.
- Has her own Lana Lang action figure.
- Favorite books are: Wuthering Heights, The World According to Garp, Anne of Green Gables and Little Women.
- Favourite singers are: Fiest and Jeff Buckley.
- Favorite author is John Irving (I).
- Favourite drink is water.
- Favourite music styles are: Rap, Hip-Hop, and Jazz.
- Her hobbies include movies with friends, reading, writing, dancing, knitting, and gymnastics.
- Was first to be cast on "Smallville".
- Ranked #10 on Wizard magazine's "Sexiest Women of TV" list (March 2008).
- Her father is Dutch and her mother is Chinese.
- Formed Girls By Design with Smallville producer Kendra Voth (I), a website where teen girls can come together to explore, express, create, and realize their potential together.
- Actively participates in her company Girls By Design, which features the writings of Sima Kumar, Kailin Gow, and Tammy Lelie. Allison Mack and Caitlin Crosby have been guest contributors to Girls By Design.
- Has appeared in TV projects with no less than four actors who have portrayed Superman. The first, obviously is her Smallville co-star Tom Welling. Christopher Reeve, who played the Man of Steel in _Superman (1978)_ and its three sequels, also made two guest appearances on the show. On _"Chuck" (2007)_ she has appeared with Brandon Routh, who took over the role in _Superman Returns (2006)_ and Adam Baldwin who voiced the character in _Superman/Doomsday (2007)_. She also worked on "Chuck" with Ryan McPartlin, who was a contender for the role in Superman Returns.
Kristin Kreuk quotes
- "Sometimes I love acting but then sometimes I think it's too much for me. And I don't know if it is something that I could do for the rest of my life."
- On keeping herself looking beautiful: "My skin is a little sensitive, so I try not to use too many products. After work I'll just clean it with Neutrogena Deep Clean facial cleanser and put on a bit of lotion like Aveda Tourmaline Charged Hydrating Creme or a moisturizer by Kiehl's. I don't always use the same one. After a while my skin starts to get annoyed with one, and then I've got to move on to another."
- "I'm not surrounded by the business. That makes all the difference in the world, 'cause it's so easy to get caught up in it. If you were living in L.A., it'd be like 'Bull----, bull----, bull----... you're this, you're that, you're wonderful, get caught up in this tornado, get caught up, get caught up, get caught up, and the minute it's all gone, you fall and you've got no one to catch you because you let yourself get swept away, when it's all 'Pouff!' And it's all made up and none of it's grounded or real."
- "Someday I'd like to do some real traveling. I'm obsessed with Brazil and I've always had this dream of backpacking through South America."
- "I never dreamed of being an actor, but I'm beginning to love it more and more because I like challenging myself. When I feel like I'm not learning or having fun anymore, then I'll stop."
- "Just because I don't do bad things doesn't mean I don't have bad thoughts."
- "I really don't use that much make up - I'm pretty natural. I wear even less of it in the summer."
- "I love having messy hair. I put in a lot of effort to have it look as messy as possible."
- "Sometimes I love acting, but then sometimes I think it's too much for me. And I don't know if it is something that I could do for the rest of my life."
- "I wanted to be a forensic scientist for a long time... It's like putting the pieces of a puzzle together. Solving mysteries seemed like it would be fun, scary and exciting all at the same time."
- "I'd rather walk than drive a car. In Vancouver, where I am from, you can get to just about anywhere you need to go on foot. Even if it's raining I'll go out for a stroll. I just love that."
- "It's not that easy to find someone I can relate too. I'm tough to crack because I'm shy."
- On her favourite music styles: "Basically I listen to just about everything except heavy metal."
- "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
- "If I like it, I'll buy it; pure impulse shopping."
- "I did gymnastics when I was growing up and to this day I can still do the splits."
Kristin Kreuk filmography
|The 12th Annual Leo Awards||2010|
|Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li||2009|
|Up Close with Carrie Keagan||2007|
|Smallville: Vengeance Chronicles||2006|
|Smallville: 100th Episode -The Making of a Milestone||2006|
|2006 Asian Excellence Awards||2006|
|Behind Closed Doors: Inside the Writers' Room||2005|
|TV Guide CloseUp: Behind the Scenes of 'Smallville'||2004|
|'Smallville' Backstage Special||2004|
|The Teen Choice Awards 2004||2004|
|Eurotrip: The Making of 'Eurotrip'||2004|
|Superman: The Early Years (Behind the Scenes of Smallville)||2002|
|The Teen Choice Awards 2002||2002|
|Late Night with Conan O'Brien||1993|
|Live with Regis and Kathie Lee||1988|