Heather (I) Graham filmography and biography
Date of birth: 29 January 1970, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Heather (I) Graham biography
Heather Graham was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and raised in a strict household. Her father worked for the Federal Bureau of Investigation and her mother was a former schoolteacher and author. Heather and her sister, Aimee Graham, were forced to relocate often as a result of their father's occupation, and Heather became increasingly shy. Surprisingly, she had a passion for acting from an early age and despite being labeled a "theater geek" by her peers, she was voted Most Talented by her high school senior class. Unfortunately, her love of acting created a tension between her and her family, although her mother obligingly drove her to auditions in Hollywood throughout her adolescence. Shortly after graduating high school Heather moved to Los Angeles and got small roles in a variety of films, including Drugstore Cowboy. When her career did not take off as quickly as she had hoped, Heather enrolled in the University of California at Los Angeles to get her degree in drama. Heather dropped out of UCLA after two years to pursue her acting career on a full-time basis, playing a recurring role on the television series Twin Peaks and appearing in such films as Diggstown and Six Degrees of Separation. Aside from gaining a modeling contract with Emanuel Ungaro Liberte, Heather has starred in over 50 films. Her career started to gain momentum when she appeared in Swingers, a role she received after being taken out swing dancing by Jon Favreau. After a well-received performance in Boogie Nights, she appeared in several high-profile films such as Lost in Space, Bowfinger, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, From Hell, and Anger Management. Her roles consisted of prostitutes, strippers, porn stars and lesbians. Heather also appeared in nine episodes of Scrubs during its 2004-2005 season, and starred in many independent films, including Bobby, which received critical acclaim. After starring on her own short-lived sitcom and a number of forgettable movies, she appeared in the blockbuster comedy The Hangover. Heather has never married, although she has had romances with actors Heath Ledger, James Woods (I), Matt Dillon (I), Edward Burns (I), Kyle MacLachlan, Josh Lucas (I), Leonardo DiCaprio, Elias Koteas, and Matthew Perry (I), musicians Adam Ant, Elijah Allman, and Jason Falkner, and directors Stephen Hopkins (I), Chris Weitz, and Yaniv Raz.
Heather (I) Graham trivia
- Was voted "Most Talented" by her Agoura High School class.
- Modeling contract with Emanuel Ungaro Liberte
- Had to turn down the female lead in the film Rounders because of scheduling conflicts.
- Older sister of actress Aimee Graham.
- Was fired from Scorchers.
- Graduated 1988 Agoura High School, Agoura Hills, California. Dropped out of UCLA her freshman year to pursue acting
- Worked at Toys R'Us when she was a teenager
- Was forced to turn down the lead role in Heathers, because her parents thought the language was too risque.
- Her father is an FBI agent. Her mother is a schoolteacher/author.
- She once worked as an usher at The Hollywood Bowl
- Enjoys yoga and cooking and playing poker
- Has not spoken to her parents in two years because they disapprove of the movies she stars in.
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2001.
- She is of Irish Catholic extraction
- Was the subject of the power pop song "Heather Graham" by the Washington, D.C.-based acappella quartet, Da Vinci's Notebook. The song appears on the group's 2002 CD, "Brontosaurus."
- Ranked #4 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
- Went to the same high school as Mike Shinoda and Brad Delson of Linkin Park as well as Adrianna Costa.
- She attended Augora High school with Shane Stanley, Beverly Peele and James Robb (II) and Mike Shinoda.
- Played a porn actress twice: in The Guru and Boogie Nights
- Practises Transcendental Meditation. Appeared meditating on the cover of the August 4, 2003 issue of Time Magazine.
- Ranked as #74 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Named #98 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- (February 2006) Chosen by Femme Fatales magazine as one of the "50 sexiest women on the planet".
- Was a contestant on "Scrabble" in 1986 for the Teen Tournament.
- In 2003, for a photo shoot by photographer Sam Jones, she was levitated several feet in the air by a magician. Later in the same photo shoot, the magician also sawed her in half.
- Had her ears pierced in her teens, but has now let them heal up again and can no longer wear pierced earrings.
- Has a cat named Mittens.
- Originally auditioned to play "Amber Waves" in Boogie Nights but ultimately ended up playing the Roller Girl.
- She is a public advocate for Children International.
Heather (I) Graham quotes
- I love telling dirty jokes. Sex is funny.