Jennie Garth filmography and biography
Date of birth: 3 April 1972, Urbana, Illinois, USA
Jennie Garth biography
Jennifer Eve Garth was born on April 3rd, 1972 in Urbana, Illionis, USA to John and Carolyn Garth, who both had 3 children each from different marriages, before they had Jennie. She grew up on a 25-acre horse ranch outside Urbana, Illinois with her 6 older siblings: Johnny, Chuck, Lisa, Cammie, Wendy and Lynn. When Jennie was 13, she and her family moved to Phoenix, Arizona. She took dancing lessons and did a little modeling while living in Arizona, and she dreamed of going to college and later start her own dance studio. At age 15, Jennie was discovered and encouraged to pursue an acting career by a talent scout, who had seen her win a talent competition. Therefore, she dropped out of high school during her junior year, and she and her mom moved to Los Angeles, California so she could become an actress. She later obtained her diploma in California. There, she started taking acting classes and went to auditions almost every day. After living in LA for about four months, she landed the role of 'Ericka McCray' on the NBC series A Brand New Life. Within a year, she was cast as 'Kelly Taylor' on the long-running hit teen drama-series Beverly Hills, 90210 on FOX television. Ever since, she has starred in several movies made for TV, a number of which she has produced and directed herself. On January 20th, 2001, she married actor Peter Facinelli, the father of her first daughter, Luca Bella (born June 29th, 1997), on her ranch in Santa Barbara, California. On December 6th, 2002, Jennie and Peter welcomed their second daughter, Lola Ray and their third daughter Fiona Eve on September 30th, 2006. Jennie most recently starred in the WB network sitcom What I Like About You as 'Valerie Tyler' until its cancellation in 2006.
Jennie Garth trivia
- Long time sufferer of migraine headaches, for which she has done Public Service Announcements (PSAs) on TV .
- Birth of baby girl Luca Bella (7 lbs. 10 oz.). Father is Peter Facinelli [June 22, 1997].
- Filed for divorce from Dan Clark [November 1996].
- Is a vegetarian.
- Birth of baby girl, Lola Ray (7 lbs. 7 oz.) with husband Peter Facinelli [December 2002].
- Has 6 older half-siblings: Johnny, Chuck, Lisa, Cammie, Wendy and Lynn.
- Interests: Horseback riding, gardening, housekeeping and caring for her children.
- Owns a ranch (with a couple of horses) near Santa Barbara, California, where her parents also live.
- Dropped out of high school during her junior year. She received her diploma later.
- Got married to Peter Facinelli on in Santa Barbara, California. The wedding took place at the mission-style church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Montecito, California, in south Santa Barbara. Jennie wore a dress by Reem Acra. Their daughter Luca Bella, three at the time, was flower girl. Their wedding was featured on an installment of Instyle weddings.
- Although their characters were enemies on Beverly Hills, 90210, in real life Tiffani Thiessen is considered a close friend.
- Auditioned for the role of Kelly Kapowski on Saved by the Bell, but the role eventually went to her subsequent Beverly Hills, 90210 co-star, Tiffani Thiessen.
- Speaks Italian fluently
- Ranked #41 in VH1 100 Greatest Teen Stars.
- Converted to the Roman Catholic faith, so that she and her husband could have a Roman Catholic Nuptial Mass. They were married at a historic mission parish in Santa Barbara, California. 
- Was among the guests at the wedding of former Beverly Hills, 90210 co-star Jason Priestley to Naomi Lowde-Priestley. 
- Referenced in the classic BBS "door game" Legend of the Red Dragon by Seth A. Robinson. Legend of the Red Dragon was an on-line RPG featured on many dial up Bullentin Board's around the country in the early 90s. While adventuring in the forest, the player was sometimes asked cryptically "What's the deal with Jennie Garth?" The player's character was rewarded or punished based on various responses.
- Jennie and her husband, Peter Facinelli, became the parents of their third child, a girl name Fiona Eve Facinelli, on September 30, 2006. Fiona weighed in at 7 lbs. 8 oz.
- Is the second cousin of Italian model, Roger Garth.
- Has had a leaky heart valve for seven years. Her father had struggled with heart disease since he was fifty and passed away in 2008 [May 26, 2009].
- Her daughter, Lola, is battling Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis [May 26, 2009].
- Lives in Toluca Lake, California.
- Got married to her first husband two weeks after her twenty-second birthday.
Jennie Garth quotes
- [one of the reasons for her being a vegetarian] I never met a cow I didn't like.
- [on her family and third child] Peter and I feel very blessed with our children. We didn't plan any one of them but higher forces and recognizing priorities helped us along the way. We can't wait to meet this newest addition to our family!
- [on marriages and life] Marriages aren't easy, and we're just like any other couple. We have our roadblocks, but we get around them, and our family prevails. We are so happy we have a normal, grounded life to keep us centered.