Abbie Cornish filmography and biography
Date of birth: 7 August 1982, Lochinvar, New South Wales, Australia
Abbie Cornish biography
Abbie Cornish grew up on her parents 170 acre farm in the Hunter Valley town of Lochinvar with her 3 brothers and younger sister. Abbie started modeling at age 13. Her first acting job was at age 15 on the Australian Broadcasting Commission series Childrens Hospital playing a quadriplegic.
Abbie Cornish trivia
- Learnt to drive at the age of 12.
- Has been a vegetarian since the age of 13.
- Plays piano and guitar.
- Her parents split up when she was 16 years old.
- Has trekked across Morocco, Brazil, Italy and France.
- Favorite actresses are Cate Blanchett and Samantha Morton.
- Was considered for the role of Briony - 18 years old for Atonement, but bailed out due to scheduling conflicts with Elizabeth: The Golden Age.
- Good friends with Rose Byrne.
- Ranked #80 on Maxim's Hot list 2007.
- Served as a judge at the The Reel Deal Short Film Festival on August 11, 2007 at the Revesby Workers' Club in Sydney, Australia.
- After reaching the final of a competition by "Dolly" magazine, she worked as a model for a while.
- Born as second of five children, she has three brothers and a sister.
- Served as judge of the Myer Fashions on the Field event at the 2007 Melbourne Cup.
- Won the Breakthrough Award at the 2008 Australians in Film Awards in Los Angeles.
- Was voted "Australia's Sexiest Vegetarian" in 2008.
- Met boyfriend Ryan Phillippe while filming Stop-Loss in August 2006. They broke up in February 2010.
- Lived with ex-boyfriend Ryan Phillippe in Los Angeles.
Abbie Cornish quotes
- "The hardest part is getting your clothes off at first in front of the people who haven't seen you naked before. The first time you get nude in front of someone, it's hard, and then it's, 'Well, you've seen everything now; it's OK, we can shoot the rest of the day'."
- "I like doing my own hair and make-up because it's me."
- "I think as a child you know when it's time for your parents to split. You realize they love each other, but they're not in love with each other. And I think as a child it's much better for your parents to split than for them to stay and have dysfunction within the family."
- "Whenever I am acting, it's everything, you know. If I'm researching a role, I'm completely consumed in that and, between action and cut, I live in this suspended time. It's a really amazing experience and the only other thing I get it from is music."
Abbie Cornish filmography
|The Dark Fields||2011|
|Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole||2010|
|15th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards||2010|
|The Making of 'Stop-Loss'||2008|
|Postcards from Provence||2007|
|Elizabeth: The Golden Age||2007|
|Up Close with Carrie Keagan||2007|
|A Good Year||2006|
|9am with David & Kim||2006|
|The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson||2005|
|One Perfect Day||2004|
|Jimmy Kimmel Live!||2003|
|White Collar Blue||2002|
|The Monkey's Mask||2000|