Joan (I) Copeland filmography and biography
Date of birth: 1 June 1922, New York City, New York, USA
Joan (I) Copeland trivia
- Younger sister of Arthur Miller (I).
- Aunt of Rebecca Miller (I) and Robert A. Miller.
- The recipient of numerous stage awards in her later career, she won the Drama Desk Award for her stage work in "The American Clock" (1980) (which was written by her brother); the Los Angeles Drama Critics Award for "Brighton Beach Memoirs" (1983), and the Obie Award for "The American Plan" (1990).
- Has graced a number of daytime soap operas over time, including Search for Tomorrow, Love of Life (in which she played twins), The Edge of Night, One Life to Live, How to Survive a Marriage and As the World Turns.
- Her father was a Jewish woman's clothes manufacturer and mother a schoolteacher/housewife.
- Prominent actress of the Broadway stage for over six decades. She made her debut in "Romeo and Juliet" in 1945 and played Desdemona in "Othello" the following year.
- Sister-in-law of Inge Morath.
- Shares birthday with former sister-in-law Marilyn Monroe.