Emmanuelle Chriqui filmography and biography
Date of birth: 10 December 1977, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Emmanuelle Chriqui biography
Emmanuelle Chriqui was born in Montreal, Quebec, to Moroccan immigrants. Her family moved to Toronto when she was 2 years old. At the age of 10, Chriqui appeared in a McDonald's commercial. She moved to Vancouver guest-starring in series such as Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Forever Knight, Once a Thief, and PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal. Her first Hollywood role was in Detroit Rock City. Her breakout performance came in 2000's Snow Day, in which she played the foxy Claire Bonner. She appeared in rock band Hinder's "Lips of an Angel" music video in 2006. Emmanuelle later starred in several films and was nominated for a DVD Exclusive Award as Best Actress for her performance in 100 Girls. She also starred in the movie Adam and Eve, opposite Cameron Douglas (I). Chriqui increased her visibility by having playing Sloan on the HBO hit show, Entourage and by starring opposite Adam Sandler (I) in You Dont Mess with the Zohan.
Emmanuelle Chriqui trivia
- Her family is from Morocco. Has one sister named Laurence and a brother - both older. They were raised for several years in Unionville, Ontario.
- Her last name is pronounced "Shreeky".
- Filmed an appearance for the television series, "Manchester Prep" (1999). The series was not picked up despite having several episodes filmed, and was later edited into the movie Cruel Intentions 2 (2000) (V). Emmanuelle's scenes were not used, although she appears in the trailer.
- Ranked #90 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women In The World" (2002).
- She is bilingual, English and French.
- Ranked #81 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Is an alumna of the Arts York Drama Program at Unionville High School, a school that specializes in the creative arts.
- Voted 8th most sexiest girl 2008 by FHM.
- Many of her relatives spell their last name, "Chreky".
- Friend of Lance Bass.
- Ranked #1 on AskMen.com's Top 99 Most Desirable Women of 2010 Edition.
Emmanuelle Chriqui quotes
- (On Judaism) You know I grew up with the same holidays and such, in an Orthodox manner, in a Kosher home, and all of that. And those are strict rules to live by that I think really shape your personality and discipline. I think they definitely, whether I knew it at the time or not, subconsciously it definitely seeped in to just create a good balance.