Veronica Cartwright filmography and biography
Date of birth: 20 April 1949, Bristol, England, UK
Veronica Cartwright biography
Born in Bristol, England, Veronica is the older sister of the popular
child actress Angela Cartwright. In her early career, Veronica
was cast in a number of popular movies such as
The Childrens Hour, Spencers Mountain and
Alfred Hitchcock (I)'s The Birds. As such, she was
cast as "Jemima Boone" in the popular television series
Daniel Boone, which ran from 1964 to 66. Her career
after "Daniel Boone" may have been influenced by Hitchcock, since she
appeared in both the remake of
Invasion of the Body Snatchers and the horror classic
Alien. On television, she appeared twice as Lumpy's
younger sister, "Violet Rutherford" and once as "Peggy MacIntosh" on
Leave It to Beaver and had a small role in the
television movie Still the Beaver (1983) (TV).
Cartwright also appeared in Robert Kennedy amp; His Times, Tanner 88 and had a recurring role on L.A. Law. Her big screen features included The Right Stuff, Flight of the Navigator and The Witches of Eastwick. Veronica worked on the stage in "Electra", "Talley's Folly", "Homesteaders", "Butterflies are Free" and "The Triplet Connection". Alternating between television and big screen movies in the 90s, Cartwright has appeared in such films as Hitler's Daughter (1990) (TV) and Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh.
Veronica Cartwright trivia
- Sister of Angela Cartwright
- Played in Hitler's Daughter (1990) (TV) and was born on Hitler's birthday (April 20).
- Has a son, Dakota
- Her character on Leave It to Beaver gave Beaver Cleaver his first kiss.
- Aunt of actors Jesse Gullion and Rebecca Gullion.
- Sister-in-law of Steve Gullion.
- She and sister Angela were born in England but grew up in America.
- Starred in two remakes of the 50's horror film Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The first Invasion of the Body Snatchers and most recently in The Invasion.