Kari Byron filmography and biography
Date of birth: 18 December 1974, California, USA
Kari Byron trivia
- She studied film and sculpture at San Francisco State University.
- After graduation, she had a career as an artist, working in sculpture and painting and holding exhibitions at some of San Francisco's leading galleries.
- Graduated from Los Gatos (California) High School and San Francisco State University.
- Parents are Dennis and Sue Byron.
- Beginning early in November, 1998, after college graduation, she took a year-long trip around the world with friend Dawn Gilbert. First visiting the Cook Islands, she then went to Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Malaysia, Thailand, Tokyo, Nepal and India by March 1999. At that point, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, and then Europe remained on her plans.
- Younger sister, Summer Byron, graduated from Los Gatos High School in 1996, then earned a communications degree from Sonoma State University.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Was once a face-painting clown.
- Once helped resuscitate a dying duck during a myth on Mythbusters which went wrong.
- Announced that she is expecting her first child. [February 26, 2009].
- Gave birth to a baby girl, Stella Ruby, on June 28, 2009.
Kari Byron quotes
- Remarking on the topless Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia: "This must be where the beautiful people go."
- A visit with a Balinese girl and her family "left me with an uneasiness I couldn't cure. I felt guilty and sad - Komang's family lived in a two-room shack with no doors - because I have a full stomach in every sense. Lesson learned. Life appreciated in a new way."
- I have grown quite fond of firearms. I have always been an anti-gun liberal, but the rush you get from an M134D Gatling gun with 30 caliber bullets firing at 3,000 rounds per minute is unbelievable. (Source: Geek Monthly, January 2008, p. 35)
Kari Byron filmography
|Large, Dangerous, Rocket Ships||2010|
|MythBusters: Jaws Special||2005|
|The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson||2005|
|Late Show with David Letterman||1993|