Lara Flynn Boyle filmography and biography
Date of birth: 24 March 1970, Davenport, Iowa, USA
Lara Flynn Boyle biography
Lara Flynn Boyle was born on March 24th, 1970 to 21-year old Sally Boyle. For Sally and young Lara, money was not plentiful so Sally was required to work three jobs in addition to raising baby Lara by herself. Since Lara was mostly around Sally, they developed a bond that still binds Lara and Sally today. Until recently, Sally lived with Lara. Now they only live 10 minutes away from each other. Growing up, Lara had many struggles including dyslexia and a learning disabilty. Still, she couldn't let that get to her and she knew she had to be strong. She finally graduated, and, the day after doing so, she and her mother, Sally, moved. They drove on what would be "the road to fame". She soon landed roles in movies like Poltergeist III and Waynes World. Since then, she has become a prolific actress on both the small and big screen.
Lara Flynn Boyle trivia
- Moved to Los Angeles with her mother the day after her High School graduation.
- Educated at the Chicago Academy for the Arts.
- Mother, Sally Boyle, is her assistant.
- Was named after the Julie Christie (I) character in Doctor Zhivago.
- Auditioned for the title role in Ally McBeal (press interview, May 2, 1999)
- Grew up in Chicago with Robin Tunney.
- She was reportedly a passenger in Jack Nicholson (I)'s Mercedes when the car collided with another car in the Hollywood Hills on July 8, 1999. She was dating David Spade at the time, and reportedly fled the scene for fear of being seen romantically with Nicholson.
- Is dyslexic
- As a young child, she was extremely shy. Overcame her shyness by taking Irish folk dancing, art classes, and working in a local improv class.
- (1999-2001) Dated actor Jack Nicholson (I).
- Got her SAG (Screen Actor's Guild) card working on Ferris Buellers Day Off, even though all of her onscreen time wound up on the cutting room floor.
- (1998-1999) Dated actor David Spade.
- Good friends with Chris Isaak and Nina Siemaszko.
- Attended the Piven Theater Workshop in Evanston, IL.
- (October 1990) Made the cover of Rolling Stone magazine, along with Sherilyn Fenn and MÃ¤dchen Amick while promoting Twin Peaks.
Lara Flynn Boyle quotes
- (On what happened when she started out in the film business) "When I used to go to auditions, I would be told "If Winona Ryder doesn't get it, you will". Hollywood makes so many movies - surely Winona can't do ALL of them!"
- "Look, I love being famous. I'm not one of those people who feels like, Why won't they leave me alone? If I care only about the craft of acting, I'd be doing dinner theater in Iowa. But the attention on you gets to a point where it's beyond invasive - it's scary." Cosmo Magazine, April 2005 Issue
- "I'm Irish Catholic, so a Democrat by blood. But I'm one hundred per cent for Bush. I want my president to be like my agent - not afraid of people, but wants my best interest."
- Coffee and smoking are the last great addictions.
- I had such a great mom and I know that I'd never be that mom. I wouldn't want to bring a child into this world unless I could be.