Jessica Biel filmography and biography
Date of birth: 3 March 1982, Ely, Minnesota, USA
Jessica Biel biography
Jessica Biel, with her striking good looks and wide range of talent, has
become one of Hollywood's most sought-out actresses. Her television
series acting debut on the WB's #1-rated show,
7th Heaven, has helped her emerge as a breakout star.
As a child Jessica initially pursued a career as a vocalist, performing in musical theater. Beginning at age nine, she starred in such productions as "Annie," "The Sound of Music," and "Beauty and the Beast." A natural beauty, Jessica soon turned to modeling and commercial work by competing in The International Modeling and Talent Association's Annual Conference in 1994.
After completing a year and a half of college at Tufts University in Medford Massachusetts, Jessica plans on going back to school in California for the remainder of her college years. In her spare time, she is involved with charities such as Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and PETA. Her hobbies include ballet, soccer, running, yoga and hiking with her dog "East." Jessica currently resides in Los Angeles. Born in Ely, Minnesota, and raised in Boulder, Colorado, Jessica Biel has paid her dues in the Hollywood scene. A breakout star as Mary Camden on the WB's highest rated show, 7th Heaven, Jessica still manages to make a few appearances per season, even though she has left the show, in the midst of an exploding film career. Last fall she excited and terrified moviegoers with her portrayal of Erin, "Leatherface's" greatest nemesis to date, in New Line Cinema's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, a remake of the famous original. Having finished filming, Blade: Trinity in Vancouver with Wesley Snipes, Ryan Reynolds (I), and Kris Kristofferson (I), she has recently transported her toned and trained body of a vampire hunter/killer to Australia to fill the uniform and project the integrity of one of filmdom's first female jet-fighter pilots in Columbia/Sony Pictures new film, Stealth, starring Josh Lucas (I), Jamie Foxx, and Sam Shepherd (I), for director Rob Cohen (I).
Jessica's film career began at age 14 when she played alongside Peter Fonda (I) in his Golden Globe-winning performance in Ulees Gold. Her other film credits include Ill Be Home for Christmas, Summer Catch, Roger Avary's The Rules of Attraction, and the recently completed Cellular, which stars Chris Evans (V), Kim Basinger, and William H. Macy. Few people know that this powerhouse of acting talent and versatility has a secret talent that has been put on hold for the past eight years, but surfaced last fall when she was offered lead roles on Broadway in "Rent" and "Beauty and the Beast." Demands from her film career took precedence, but hopefully, one of these days soon, we will get to experience just another aspect of this fascinating young woman.
Jessica Biel trivia
- Has a brother named Justin.
- Discovered at the 1994 IMTA Los Angeles convention.
- Has hazel eyes and brown hair.
- Collects vintage glasses with no lenses.
- Audtioned for a role in American Beauty.
- Amateur photographer.
- Is of German, French, English and Native American (Choctaw) heritage.
- Attended Tufts University for three semesters.
- (June 2002) Was voted in at #30 in FHM's Sexiest Girls of 2002 poll, American edition, up from #82 the previous year.
- Is 14 months younger than Beverley Mitchell, but still plays her big sister on 7th Heaven.
- Formerly a vegetarian.
- Was the first choice to play Abbey Chase in the television adaptation of the comic book "Danger Girl". Unfortunately, the project fell through.
- Ranked #98 on VH1's 100 Hottest Hotties.
- Ranked #99 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women In The World" (2002).
- Her last name rhymes with "Deal."
- Was voted "Sexiest Woman Alive" by Esquire magazine in 2005.
- Named #18 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Has played the role of girlfriend/ex-girlfriend of real-life boyfriend Chris Evans (V) twice by now (January 2006): once in Cellular and again in London (2005/I).
- Named #21 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- (June 2006) Split up with Chris Evans (V), her boyfriend of 2 years.
- Studied acting with Ivana Chubbuck.
- Named #16 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- Won an acting scholarship to the Young Actor's Space at 11 years old.
- Ranked #5 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- The day after she was born, her parents took her to a dog-sled race where the temperature was thirty degrees below zero.
- Her father ran an Outward Bound school and worked as an international business consultant.
- Accompanied boyfriend Justin Timberlake on his European Tour in 2007.
- Once wanted to become a musical star after winning a karaoke contest when she was aged eight.
- Daughter of Kimberly (Kim) Biel (nÃ©e Conroe) and Jonathan Edward Biel, an entrepreneur.
- Was named Empire Magazine's #16 in the list of 100 Sexiest Stars 2007.
- Her first acting job was in a Pringles commercial when she was 11 years old.
- Best friends with 7th Heaven co-star Beverley Mitchell.
- Was cast in A Woman of No Importance after Lindsay Lohan dropped out, but later had to drop out herself due to scheduling conflicts.
- Agreed to return for the season 10 finale of 7th Heaven (originally the series finale before the show got picked up by the CW) after Brenda Hampton begged her to. The episode had already been shot but Hampton was determined to have Biel back for one last time. Jessica filmed her brief scenes during a break from filming Next.
- Ranked #3 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- (2001-2006) Was in a relationship with actor Chris Evans (V).
- Named a Global Brand Ambassador for Revlon [May 4, 2009].
- She was a bridesmaid at her friend, Beverley Mitchell,'s wedding to Michael Cameron in October, 2008. Their on-screen sister, Mackenzie Rosman, was also a bridesmaid.
- Was considered to replace Emily Blunt in Iron Man 2, but the role went eventually to Scarlett Johansson.
- Was ranked #32 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 of 2010 list.
- (January 2010) Along with Emile Hirsch, Isabel Lucas, musician Santi White, rapper Lupe Fiasco (and many others), she hiked Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania on a benefit climb called Summit On The Summit, to bring awareness and relief to the world's clean water crisis.
Jessica Biel quotes
- I've never gotten to do romantic comedy like most of the girls. Maybe because I'm fit, people assume that I'm not funny?
- There is so much pressure to look a certain way in this town. But it's nice to have a little meat on you, and I hope I inspire women to appreciate their muscular calves.
- I think may parent were originally going to name me 'Snowmo Biel', so I guess in that respect 'Jessica' was a real win for me!