Frankie Abernathy filmography and biography
Date of birth: 21 December 1981, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Date of death: 9 June 2007, Shorewood, Wisconsin, USA (complications from cystic fibrosis)
Frankie Abernathy biography
Frankie Jo Abernathy was born in Blue Springs, Missouri, on December 21,
1981. She has lived there her entire life, and returned to live with
her parents, Abbie Hunter and stepfather, Perry Hunter, and 13-year-old
Frankie's claim to fame is being the "outcast" on MTV's 14th season of The Real World, shot in San Diego. While viewers perceived Frankie as an angry, depressed, self-mutilating person, Frankie is actually a very happy person, when she's on her own terms.
The main problem with Frankie's stint on the The Real World is that Frankie, who suffered from Cystic Fibrosis, has a very short life span expectation, and she felt that the experience was dragging her down and, in a sense, wasting her time, which is very precious for someone who will probably only live to 30, tops.
She left on Halloween of 2003, returning to Blue Springs where she dated her boyfriend, tattoo artist, Dave Duly. She enjoyed body mods, hanging out with friends and family, going to shows, and trying to live each day to the fullest.
Frankie died June 9, 2007, in Shorewood, Wisconsin, from complications due to her disease, Cystic Fibrosis, at the age of 26.
Frankie Abernathy trivia
- Was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at the age of three.
- Has a younger sister named Mamie.
- Her parents are Abbie and (step-father) Perry Hunter; father is Joe Abernathy.
Frankie Abernathy quotes
- "Tomorrow is a privilege, so live today like tomorrow isn't happening."
- "I know lots of things about me are a little strange, but hey, it's just me..."
- "It's good to have ideas that you stand by and stand firm on, but don't be a hypocrite."
- "I may make mistakes, but I am an honest person, and I feel bad for the mistakes that I make, especially when they hurt someone else."
Frankie Abernathy filmography
|2 Punk Rock 4 This: The Real World San Diego Reunion||2004|
|The Real World||1992|