Montel Williams filmography and biography
Date of birth: 3 July 1956, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Montel Williams trivia
- Children, with Grace Morley: son, Montel Brian Hank Williams (born in 1993), and daughter, Wyntergrace (born in 1994).
- Met his ex-wife, Grace Morley, when she and her mother appeared on his talk show. The episode was about mother and daughter showgirls. Grace had previously danced topless in Las Vegas under the name "Bambi Jr".
- Served in the U. S. military, and met his first wife while both were stationed in Guam
- Daughters with Rochele See: Ashley (born in 1984) and Maressa (born in 1988).
- He was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1999
- (23 August 1999) Revealed that he has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
- He started shaving his head in 1982. The Montel Williams Show started in 1991.
- Is a roller-coaster fanatic.
- (26 August 2000) He helped save 16-year-old from being burned following a car accident. Montel and his driver happened to be nearby as the teen's pickup truck spun out of control and hit a tree. He stopped and pulled the boy from the truck just as it caught on fire, pulling the boy on his back to a safe distance.
- Is fluent in Russian.
- Served in the United States Marine Corps, where he was a 'mustang' (an enlisted service member who becomes an officer); he accomplished this by going to the Naval Academy Preparatory School, and then to the United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland. He then completed a career in the Navy.
- Almost bled to death from an undetected congenital birth defect in his face in 1998. Doctors had to revive him.
- Graduated from Andover High School (now a middle school) in Linthicum, Maryland.
- Proposed to Tara Fowler, an American Airlines flight attendant, at Manhattan's Tavern on the Green on 12 July 2006. Williams disclosed to People Magazine that the pair married in Bermuda on 6 October 2007 before 60 witnesses including the couple's parents and siblings. The bride is 36; the groom is 51. His cat, Max, served as ring-bearer.
- Montel's father, Herman Williams served for over 40 years with the Baltimore Fire Department, rising to the rank of Chief of Department before retiring in 2000.
- CEO of "Living Well".
Montel Williams quotes
- "This disease is not going to stop me. We don't know how long I've had it for, but I've been misdiagnosed for 10 years." - on announcing that he had multiple sclerosis (August 1999)
- "Mountain, get out of my way!"