Malcolm-Jamal Warner filmography and biography
Date of birth: 18 August 1970, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA
Malcolm-Jamal Warner biography
Was born in Jersey City, New Jersey. Named after Malcolm X and legendary jazz pianist Ahmad Jamal (I). Fronts the jazz front band Miles Long, which records under Malcolm's own label, the Wonder Factory. Plays upright bass. Released an autobiography, "Theo and Me," in 1988. In his spare time, Warner also participates in live poetry readings.
Malcolm-Jamal Warner trivia
- Was named after Malcolm X and jazz pianist Ahmad Jamal.
- Dated Family Matters actress Michelle Thomas (I). Reportedly, he was at her bedside when she died of cancer in 1998.
- Was nominated for an Emmy in 1986 for his portrayal of Theo Huxtable on the 1980s hit The Cosby Show.
- Ranked #32 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
- Won _"Celebrity Poker Showdown" (2003)_ in record time. As he out-played Jesse Metcalfe, Heather Graham, Fred Willard and Andrea Parker in only 19 hands of No Limit Texas Hold 'Em. The show which usually runs in a two hour slot, only had enough material to fill one hour.
- Alumni of the Professional Childrens School in New York.
- Attended Agelus Mesa Elementary School.
- Enjoys playing basketball.
- Former acting student of Gary Veney, at an acting class in Inglewood, California.
- Graduated from high school in June 1988.
- His favorite rock group is Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah.
- His first manager was Miriam Baum.
- Maternal grandson of James and Thelma Mcgee, and paternal grandson of Alpha Kate Warner.
- Used his 6th grade school picture as his headshot for The Cosby Show.
- Was a grand Marshall in a Pittsburgh parade in 1985.