William Morgan Sheppard filmography and biography
Date of birth: 24 August 1932, London, England, UK
William Morgan Sheppard biography
From an Anglo Irish family. Born in London but educated in Ireland. Graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art 1956-58 then 12 years as Associate Artist with the Royal Shakespeare Company. Appeared on Broadway in 1966 with "Marat-Sade" and later in 1975 with "Sherlock Holmes". He won the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle award for "The Homecoming" in 1995, at the Matrix Theatre.
William Morgan Sheppard trivia
- Was the runner-up for the role of Ambassador G'Kar on Babylon 5.
- Drama-Logue Award 1995 for "The Homecoming", Matrix Theatre.
- Father of Mark Sheppard (I).
- Along with Matt Frewer and Amanda Pays, he is one of only three actors to appear in both Max Headroom (1985) (TV) and Max Headroom.
- Has appeared as different characters in four incarnations of Star Trek. He was the warden of the Klingon penal colony in Star Trek VI: the Undiscovered Country (1991), Dr. Graves in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode The Schizoid Man (#2.6), Qatai in the Star Trek: Voyager episode Bliss (#5.14), and as the Vulcan Science Minister in Star Trek (2009).