Frank Shamrock filmography and biography
Date of birth: 8 December 1972, Santa Monica, California, USA
Frank Shamrock trivia
- Has a Mixed Martial Arts record of 23-8-1.
- Holds impressive victories over such champions as Bas Rutten, Minoru Suzuki, Masakatsu Funaki, Kevin Jackson, Jeremy Horn, and Tito Ortiz.
- Holds the UFC record for the fastest submission win in a title fight (16 seconds).
- 1995: WKC Submission Champion 1996: Provisional King of Pancrase 1997: UFC Middleweight (under 200 lbs) champion (defended his title four times before retiring). 2003: WEC Light-Heavyweight Champion.
- Named "Fighter of the Decade" for 1990s by the Wrestling Observer, "Best Full Contact Fighter", by Black Belt Magazine (1998), and three time "Fighter of the Year" by Full Contact Fighter Magazine.
- Adopted brother of Ken Shamrock.
- When Bas Rutten was unable to defend his King of Pancrase championship against Minoru Suzuki in 1996, Frank Shamrock stepped in and defeated Suzuki to become the Provisional King of Pancrase. He fought Bas later that year for the undisputed King of Pancrase title, but was defeated by TKO (Doctor Stoppage).
- His adopted brother Ken Shamrock was his first trainer. Frank trained under Ken in the Lion's Den until 1997, when he and Maurice Smith joined up with Tsuyoshi Kohsaka to form The Alliance.
- After retiring from MMA in 1998, he became a very successful coach and trainer for many of the sport's top fighters, including Don Frye, who, despite having a previous rivalry with Ken Shamrock, sought Frank out to train him before his rematch with Mark Coleman at PRIDE 26: Bad to the Bone.
Frank Shamrock filmography
|Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz||2009|
|The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania||2009|
|CBS Strikeforce M-1 Global Saturday Night Fights||2009|
|The Red Canvas||2009|
|NCIS: Los Angeles||2009|
|Playboy Video Playmate Calendar 2009||2008|
|EliteXC Saturday Night Fights||2008|
|Countdown to Destiny||2007|
|ShoXC: Elite Challenger Series||2007|
|UFC 40: Vendetta||2002|
|Life in the Cage||2001|
|UFC Hits: Volume 2||2000|
|UFC Hits: Volume 1||2000|
|UFC 22: There Can Be Only One Champion||1999|
|UFC: Ultimate Brazil||1999|
|UFC 16: Battle in the Bayou||1998|
|UFC 17: Redemption||1998|
|UFC: Ultimate Japan 1||1997|
|Walker, Texas Ranger||1993|