Dougray Scott filmography and biography
Date of birth: 25 November 1965, Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland, UK
Dougray Scott biography
Scottish actor, Dougray Scott, trained at the Welsh College of Music and Drama where he was named most promising drama student. He began his acting career working in regional theatre and making television appearances. His first big break came when he was cast as Major Rory Taylor in the popular UK series, Soldier Soldier. He gained notoriety as corrupt cop, Terry Walsh, in the movie Twin Town. That role led to his being cast as Prince Henry, opposite Drew Barrymore (I), in EverAfter.
Dougray Scott trivia
- Is the father of twins, a boy and a girl, born early in 1998.
- Favorite football clubs are Hibernian & Celtic, the Scotish teams with strong Irish roots.
- Was cast as Wolverine in X-Men, but had to leave due to a schedule conflict with Mission: Impossible II.
- Attended Auchmuty High School, Glenrothes, Fife.
- Dougray was born Stephen Scott, but the name had already been registered at Equity, so he took his French grandmother's surname.
- Actor Ewan McGregor was the best man at his wedding. The twins names are Eden & Gabriel.
- Nominated for GQ's "Most Alluring Man" of 2001.
- Placed 97th in the "Top 100 Sexiest Men of "New Woman Magazine".
- Sunday Mail/McEwan's People's Film Fest's "Scottish Film Star of the Year."
- Placed 5th in 'Heavenly Bodies' poll of the "Celebrity Bodies" magazine (UK).
- Won the 1989 Most Promising Drama Student Award from the Welsh College of Music & Drama.
- Engaged to actress/girlfriend Claire Forlani [October 2006].
- Has been a regular Chieftain at Markinch Highland Games in Fife.
- Wed Claire Forlani in a private civil ceremony in Italy. Banquet was held at her family's country home in Pievebovigliana.
Dougray Scott quotes
- (When asked to define his career): "I do what I feel is right at the time. Opportunities come along and I take them or I don't. I feel happy about what I'm doing, and I work instinctively. I'm doing a Dylan Thomas (I) film, "Map of Love," with Mick Jagger producing again. It's a wonderful script."
- (On his role in EverAfter): "I had never worn a codpiece before and I don't think I ever will again."
- "I read all the books on Fairfax in the British Library, did a lot of horse riding and studied military tactics of the time, finding out that he actually laid his rose garden out in strategic formations! But Method acting is a label I don't really understand, because there's a method to everybody's acting. In terms of jumping into a character's skin, I try to immerse myself in the role as much as possible to bring me closer to them. All I do is what's required to achieve what I want to achieve."